Late to the Party, Gin and Tonics ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never been into spirits at all, but the last 6 months, I've occasionally dabbled with a G&T.

Blood Orange Gin and Fever Tree Med Tonic is my favourite. I've tried Parma Violet too, now that's nice as a one off.

Just sampling a Japanese Gin with med tonic. Find it quite refreshing, especially in hot weather.

Your recommendations ?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
My favourite gin is Tanqueray Rangpur, give that a go.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's my missus fault as she has been putting home grown rhubarb in gin to 'blend' for a few months - now that's nice especially with ginger ale.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A lifelong Gordons and sugar-loaded Schweppes fan here. My only attempts at hipsterdom comprise of a slice of lime or cucumber. Also, hating flat tonic, I only buy the stuff in small cans.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Serious question. Are these fruit flavoured gins actually gin, or just fruit flavoured alcohol? Do they taste of gin? You don't get fruit flavoured whisky. :smile:

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
764829B1-D4BE-4985-BB87-30CDEE6F7C5F.jpeg

This one is my favourite, neat with some ice.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Serious question. Are these fruit flavoured gins actually gin, or just fruit flavoured alcohol? Do they taste of gin? You don't get fruit flavoured whisky. :smile:
Gin is a very broad term.
It is basically a white spirit, similar to vodka, that is flavoured with Juniper. The juniper is vital to the definition of gin.
After that it appears you can chuck anything else in, call it a botanical, and it is still gin.
Although some gin, such a London Gin and Plymouth Gin are protected product, you can’t mess with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom