Lateral flow tests - kits - anyone managed to get any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
story from brixton buzz on 16th

https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2021/12...nd-where-to-pick-up-test-kits-around-brixton/

not criticising the buzz but repeats the advice from the government to get from pharmacies and says to only order online if you can't get out of the house.

long list of pharmacies - I have no idea how they are fixed for supplies though some aren't too far from me.

London has, as I understand it (at least from a few days ago) a pretty low level of vaccination by national standards.

At the very least there is "mixed messaging" from the government on this supply issue - unfortunately for them (and us) mixed messaging is quite often a euphemism - as folk try to do the right thing.

Just seen your intervening post @PaulSB - can assure you am fine - I managed to test myself - don't think I have realistically put myself or anyone else at risk since.

The only packaging involved is to slap a printed address label on the box. Once delivery is made to Royal Mail DCs it becomes a very simple operation.
This ^

i can’t see any logic in leaving the house, putting myself and maybe others at risk and adding to the traffic congestion and pollution/global warming, when there’s a long-established distribution system (which has the infrastructure to deliver daily to all addresses) which is available for the purpose

OP
OP
Blue Hills
This ^

i can’t see any logic in leaving the house, putting myself and maybe others at risk and adding to the traffic congestion and pollution/global warming, when there’s a long-established distribution system (which has the infrastructure to deliver daily to all addresses) which is available for the purpose
are you not leaving the house?
I haven't been confined to the house since deep deep lockdown.

If you do leave the house what sort of things are you leaving for?

(I have no idea where you are of course <not sure I can place "parallel reality"> how far you might be from civilisation - whether you can walk to stuff)

Last edited:
Much easier getting them delivered. No need to hang round the chemists with potentially sick people.

I think it's royal mail delivering and our post has been disrupted by the posties getting sick so stuff may be a day or two late.

It's rather more than that.
see above.

see the bit in the piece that talks of deliveries being "paused" in some areas.

Well into euphemism territory there I think.
Why pause?
Pausing is a human act.
My experience is of places not knowing when they are getting any.
At none of the places I have visited have I seen queues of any sort - the only queue I saw was at a vaccination centre - a good sign I think - responsible adults going to get themselves fully vaccinated/boosted.

Didn't read your long posts. Life's too short to read all that bumph.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Didn't read your long posts. Life's too short to read all that bumph.
none of my posts are long - the only one that was was a pasting of a piece of journalism - not bumph.
not entirely sure what the point of your short one is.

Last edited:
Got an email yesterday (only just seen it!)

DearXXXXX
Thank you for ordering a pack of 7 rapid lateral flow home test kits.
Your test pack should have arrived. If not, use the tracking email sent to you by Royal Mail, or call the contact centre (details below).

Nothing has arrived as I posted above.
NO tracking email from RM. Whether this means an issue with RM or an issue with supply of the pack, I have no idea. I'll be calling the contact centre if nothing's arrived today - delivery's around 1pm on Saturdays.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Got an email yesterday (only just seen it!)

DearXXXXX
Thank you for ordering a pack of 7 rapid lateral flow home test kits.
Your test pack should have arrived. If not, use the tracking email sent to you by Royal Mail, or call the contact centre (details below).

Nothing has arrived as I posted above.
NO tracking email from RM. Whether this means an issue with RM or an issue with supply of the pack, I have no idea. I'll be calling the contact centre if nothing's arrived today - delivery's around 1pm on Saturdays.
interesting Norah - do report back - you are north-west way I think - anything my mum orders might come out of the same place.

attention @Blue Hills and anyone else who might be interested.
12:57 - postie pushed my box of of 7 LFTs through the letterbox. No text or email from RM for delivery notification, in the past I've always had one of each and the thing has arrived within less than 48 hours, sometimes in around 24 hours, from ordering. This time it's taken a full 72 hours.
From the email I got from Track & Trace yesterday, which was sent about 54 hours after confirmation of my order on Wednesday, it was clearly expected that it would have already arrived.
So it does indeed look like a delivery (in my case, postal) delay which of course is not unexpected at this time of the year, regardless of any other issues. I'll look into the details on the package later and compare with my last one which came just before I went to Harrogate a month ago.

Similarly I've had an email today about my delivery of LFTs. The email arrived about two days after the tests plopped through the letterbox.

Top Bottom