Lateral flow tests - kits - anyone managed to get any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting comparing the labels on the one I just got with the one I got a month ago, the ink on the label of the 'just received' one looks as if it was about to run out on the machine!
Odd things about the labelling:
Return address for the month-ago one was 'Tallents House' in Edinburgh; return address on the new one is Warrington Rail Terminal(!?).
The old one is listed as a 165gm parcel, the new as a 1kg parcel. They are both exactly the same!
Old one gave 'fulfilment site' as Smethwick on lowest section of the label, new one gives no such details.
Old one has various other numbers, codes, a barcode and words printed on lowest section of the label; on new one there is merely 'Customer ref' followed by an 18-digit alphanumeric code.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Landsurfer

Veteran
We’ve been really lucky ... both Connor and Molly have refused them when offered at school ... our GP’s ( now closed ) ran out when i visited .. and we now have a LFT free household ....
Result !!
SydZ .. we call it the “Lightbulb Test “ ....

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We’ve been really lucky ... both Connor and Molly have refused them when offered at school ... our GP’s ( now closed ) ran out when i visited .. and we now have a LFT free household ....
Result !!

Daft question, I assume you aren't meeting family over Christmas. We will all be doing LFT's on Christmas Eve/Day. We just did some the morning before I met 4 other colleagues for lunch. One that had a stinking cold, but LFT negative didn't come. Three days later, despite regular testing she's now positive.

Result !!

Testing doesn't give you the virus...

Landsurfer

Veteran
Daft question, I assume you aren't meeting family over Christmas. We will all be doing LFT's on Christmas Eve/Day. We just did some the morning before I met 4 other colleagues for lunch. One that had a stinking cold, but LFT negative didn't come. Three days later, despite regular testing she's now positive.
We’re meeting family, going to work daily, travelling ... living ... We all could catch Covid, AGAIN ... but we’ll risk the sniffle .... Lemsip's and Night Nurse to the ready ....

Landsurfer

Veteran
Testing doesn't give you the virus...
We’ve all had it ! ... and the adults are triple jabbed ....

classic33

Leg End Member
We’re meeting family, going to work daily, travelling ... living ... We all could catch Covid, AGAIN ... but we’ll risk the sniffle .... Lemsip's and Night Nurse to the ready ....
If you deem it nothing more than a cold, get yer ice-cream stocks built up as well.
Forces your body to work harder to bring it up to body temperature, inducing a sweat.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

So no-one you are bothered about giving it to, or indeed you should be isolating if you catch it in the next few days. Or indeed, other family catch it and are off work due to it/farked up Christmas. My parents are mid 70's and in good health. I'd rather not give it to them, and my wife is hoping to see her mum in a Nursing Home on Christmas day, so that extends to the rest of us being careful/testing - a simple cold nearly kills her - usually means an urgent hosptial stay.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Enjoy your lockdown .... You know you deserve it ...
Pronouns;
I, We, Us, They, Them ... have decided to live ...
Test yourselves senseless ... enjoy ...
At 63 I’m going to make sure MY family have the best life WE can provide ...
You witter on about your LFT’s ...
We will live ....
Merry Christmass ...

oops .. Hope this isn’t to political .... can do without being banned from any more threads ... :rolleyes:
Maybe you’ve got the LFT’s you desire so much because we have refused them ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom