latest build gaint cadex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
just though i would show a few pictures of my latest build, bought the frame and forks from ebay and most of the bits i had as spares.
i know theres a lot who dont like the early carbon frames but this wee bike seems to go great just finished it and have only cycled about a mile but seems nice to ride, light and well i will keep it for dry days (hopefully tomorrow).
built with old 16 speed 105 group set,biopace chain wheels, shimano wheels, sram 11/28 cassette and carbon bars. seems very light.
thoughts good or bad most welcome.

Attachments

• Hydrangeas.jpg
    Hydrangeas.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_8400[1].JPG
    100_8400[1].JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_8401[1].JPG
    100_8401[1].JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_8402[1].JPG
    100_8402[1].JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_8403[1].JPG
    100_8403[1].JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 60

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I thought Cadex were Giant? I'm probably wrong but a nice looking frame either way.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
image.jpeg
Looks a little similar to mine. Bought this down here and has Ultegra group. Carbon tubes with Ali lugs. Very light. Early nineties I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
yes, cycleops looks very similar, really like the yellow and blue, enjoy.
just back from a cycle with the cadex and its a nice bike light and good over bumps, will keep this one, happy cycling, ttfn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
I like them, something a bit different, your frame looks great and it looks like a job well done.

many thanks gareth, great thing about buying a frame and building is you can end up with a really nice bike with a good group set etc for less than the price of a very cheap new bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't say that, you'll put the bike stores out of business! Unfortunately most people don't have the skill or can't be bothered and it's always nice to have the latest newest shiny piece of equipment.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
sad but true i have a friend who spent £3000 on a trek and now hes talking about the new di2, yet given the chose i would rather have something with a bit of character, to me a new trek is a nice bike, but your giant now thats real class.

Top Bottom