Laura Zabo - Upcycled belts and accessories from reused bike tyres (15% discount)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
The company of a long-term CC contributor has started a new venture making belts and accessories from reused bike tyres and they are offering CC members 15% off: www.laurazabo.com

Laura_Zabo_01.png

The ZABO story began in Tanzania, Africa. I was on a long journey revelling in the beauty of the country, the wild open spaces, the magnificently warm and generous people, the heat and the warm, vibrant colours. Stopping on the way I found something new and immediately fell in love with the handmade and brightly painted sandals made from reused tyres!

Laura_Zabo_02.png

The tyre recycling idea captivated me instantly, a stunning combination of beautiful items, which I’ve always liked, and a recycling solution to a persistent problem. Tyres are by their very nature a recycling headache, they are difficult to break down and reuse and often just pile up becoming an eyesore and taking up valuable space, holding precious resources.

The abundance of trash is a tremendous problem for our planet, and we need make more room for ideas that help us get rid of it or those that transform the excess – instead of producing more and more. Sharing this innovative solution had to be a good thing to do!”

Laura_Zabo_03.png

“I truly believe that creativity and recycling can make a big change on this planet and we can live in a cleaner world.

This is a new age in sustainable fashion so wear upcycled accessories that are eco-friendly and unique. Be special and leave the routine behind you.

OUR GOODS ARE ABSOLUTELY LEATHER FREE, perfect gifts for vegan, vegetarian friends – and handmade in LONDON”

Laura_Zabo_04.png

Laura’s recycled tyre belts will make great gifts for your loved ones, cyclists, vegans and eco-conscious fiends and relatives.

Visit the Laura Zabo Online Store

Use the code RED101 for a 15% discount at checkout. :okay:

Me likey.
I'll check it out .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've a velo-re belt so I'll take a look. What I really want is a braided or clamped belt allowing fine adjustment (trousers can have very different bulk, especially between winter lined thermals and lightweight summer ones), but I guess they're more difficult to make.

Sharky

Guru
Saw a stall in Camden Market selling similar stuff. Not sure if same firm, but was very good stuff.

U

User169

I've seen belts made from old dugast tyres - very cool.

Sixmile

Veteran
A lot of the used tyres don't seem to have been used or maybe I've just always kept my tyres on too long!

Top Bottom