Laura Zabo - Upcycled belts and accessories from reused bike tyres (15% discount)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
What makes you think this is free? Maybe it is, but if @Shaun is getting a commision, I'm cool with that. He's not making much money off me.

I have no problem with that either. More power to his elbow.

I was merely responding to the claim that getting marketing is hard in a humourous way

Except most people on here these days dont seem to have a sense of humour anymore

djb1971

Legendary Member
Great stuff Laura.

Keep up the good work. Don't get downhearted, you won't please all of the people all of the time.

It's nice to see people making a future for themselves. Hope it takes off like a rocket for you:okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I prefer the guitar straps though, they look very good!
I made a guitar strap from an old bike tyre... looks great but i need to put some sort of backing on it because the rubber has no 'slip' and as a strap, it's not that comfortable. Laura's don't look like they have anything on the back either, so they may not be that good.

e-rider

crappy member
sure recycling is 'enviornmentally friendly' as these are marketed to 'eco' people, but making the rubber in the first place is extremely damaging to the environment - was that forgotten?

sure recycling is 'enviornmentally friendly' as these are marketed to 'eco' people, but making the rubber in the first place is extremely damaging to the environment - was that forgotten?
Isn't that the point, though? To recycle as a priority those materials that cause the most harm in manufacture by getting the most use out of them, repurposing after their primary lifespan in over. And we all use rubber tyres - if you want to go back to wooden wheels with an iron strip nailed to them, don't let me stop you.
Just make sure to use sustainable wood from a managed forest :okay:

e-rider

crappy member
Isn't that the point, though? To recycle as a priority those materials that cause the most harm in manufacture by getting the most use out of them, repurposing after their primary lifespan in over. And we all use rubber tyres - if you want to go back to wooden wheels with an iron strip nailed to them, don't let me stop you.
Just make sure to use sustainable wood from a managed forest :okay:
I'm happy to use rubber, and I'm all for recycling - the point I'm making is that the marketing for these is pushed very hard from an 'eco' perspectve, which seemed silly for a product made of rubber, that does so much dmaage

I'm happy to use rubber, and I'm all for recycling - the point I'm making is that the marketing for these is pushed very hard from an 'eco' perspectve, which seemed silly for a product made of rubber, that does so much dmaage
But the damage has already been done, the tyres would be in land fill otherwise.

If her business is so successful that she ends up using more tyres than are being thrown away, and she starts manufacturing them to turn into belts, then she'd stop being green.

J1888

Über Member
But the damage has already been done, the tyres would be in land fill otherwise.

If her business is so successful that she ends up using more tyres than are being thrown away, and she starts manufacturing them to turn into belts, then she'd stop being green.

Bang on

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Top Bottom