LB10SFJ very NSFW swears and tantrums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Northern Ireland is a rather friendly place in comparison

Drago

Legendary Member
They both committed public order offences, so equally reprehensible. Just because the cyclist didn't initiate the incident doesn't make him any more righteous with his subsequent bucket mouth outburst and attempts to cajole the little feller into thumping him.

Drago

Legendary Member
I didn't see any coppers shouting, just a little guy with a serious inferiority problem and a cyclist doing his best to wind him up further to try and make himself look even more like the injured party.

I wont be speculating about hypothetical incidents just to please you Glennis.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
If I was the chap cycling the other way who got a mouthful of "there's a cycle lane" abuse and tried to calm things down, I would have taken the keys out of the ignition and phoned the police myself.

paul2015

Regular
I'm waiting for this to happen to me. As a motorcyclist as well as a cyclist Ive developed a habit of commanding the road around me with my positioning meaning traffic can only overtake me when I deem it to be safe. I don't tend to use cycle lanes or paths as in my eyes it can only cause problems.
Cycle lanes in my opinion aren't wide enough and allow traffic to overtake too close. I find being at least 1m from the kerb is a good place to be. And kudos to the cyclist for keeping his cool. Personally I would have messed with this guys face if I was being spoke to like that

jnrmczip

The fact that instructors don't even explain the rules that cyclists are allowed on the road as much as cars doesn't help maybe they should start.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
It's interesting that virtually the only place I get abuse is on a stretch with cycle lanes marked (not common in our neck of the woods - and completely unnecessary as this is on a stretch of wide wide road). The local council has just 'improved' the cycling infrastructure in a number of areas, redirecting cyclists onto new shared use paths, and constructing 'cyclist dismount' crossings. The abuse will no doubt now increase, as I won't be using the 'improvements', so thoughtfully (?) provided, no doubt much to the annoyance of some local council-tax paying drivers.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

It's interesting that virtually the only place I get abuse is on a stretch with cycle lanes marked (not common in our neck of the woods - and completely unnecessary as this is on a stretch of wide wide road). The local council has just 'improved' the cycling infrastructure in a number of areas, redirecting cyclists onto new shared use paths, and constructing 'cyclist dismount' crossings. The abuse will no doubt now increase, as I won't be using the 'improvements', so thoughtfully (?) provided, no doubt much to the annoyance of some local council-tax paying drivers.

We've got that in Norwich, they're putting a cycle lane in Tombland and the Norwich Cycling Campaign raised the issue of thicko drivers who think cycle lanes are mandatory. Like this idiot.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
We've got that in Norwich, they're putting a cycle lane in Tombland and the Norwich Cycling Campaign raised the issue of thicko drivers who think cycle lanes are mandatory. Like this idiot.
I've raised this exact point with Devon County Council - the only places I regularly get abusive motorists is where a 'shared cycle path' (pavement with a bike painted on) runs by the side of the road. All it needs two or three signs saying "Cyclists may use the road" alongside, as so many drivers genuinely think we're obliged to use these half-baked paths. DCC weren't interested, sadly, despite their enthusiasm for cycling, citing both budgetary pressures, and saying that such signs wouldn't be allowed as a permitted type of sign. Grrr.

Top Bottom