LB10SFJ very NSFW swears and tantrums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Priory%20Lane%20road%20rage%20driver.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Origamist

Legendary Member
image.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I ride down Priory Lane most weekends, sometimes on the road and sometimes on the bike lane. The road is dead straight and it's not at all hard for cars to overtake. It looked pretty clear to me that the driver of the Discovery was trying to intimidate/punish the rider by cutting him up with a close pass at the mini-roundabout. I'm delighted that the rider waded in with maximum verbal aggression. The driver richly deserved it. What a nobber.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I thought it might have been George Galloway.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's Mike Gatting, isn't it!

Priory%20Lane%20road%20rage%20driver.jpg

3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg

Many a true word said in jest.

I once spent a few hours at a cricket test match in the occasional company of Gatting.

Not the most pleasant man I've ever met, although his demeanour probably wasn't improved by consumption of the sponsor's booze.

50000tears

The fact that instructors don't even explain the rules that cyclists are allowed on the road as much as cars doesn't help maybe they should start.

A few months back I had an instructor shout out of the passenger window that I should be on the cycle path. The path in question was a horrible surface and with lots of intruding branches from hedges, so basically unrideable even if I had wanted to. Instructor in question was teaching at the time so was likely creating another cyclist hating driver. So even those who should know better don't always understand the Highway Code or choose not to follow it.

The fact that instructors don't even explain the rules that cyclists are allowed on the road as much as cars doesn't help maybe they should start.
I had a driving instructor "explain" to me that as there was a cycle track, I was not allowed to use the road.

Shame he did not see the GoPro

Claimed I had not caught the driving school name and sent the video to every driving school I could find asking if they could explain their instructor's ignorance of the law.

Several polite replies stating that they had forwarded the video me to the school involved, forwarding me the details, and a couple explaining how to make a formal complaint

Eventually the driving school concerned replied stating that they would be addressing the issue

What was even more fun was asking whether the student who had been in the car at the time would also be told that the instructor had given him the wrong information

They did!

I saw the instructor around a few times over the next few weeks, and if looks could kill!

Top Bottom