LBS Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gerry

Fabby Leith Cycle Co if you are in that part of Edinburgh http://www.leithcycleco.com/ Best customer service I've ever had and would trust the guys totally. They go the extra mile - e.g. had bike clattered by a car recently, they had me back on the road within a day or so - even arranged for the car driver to pay the bill for me! Richard Dowsett and team - many thanks. LBS the only way to go if you are a newbie

Matt

Bought my new Allez from Bike Shak in Altrincham. Really good shop, measured me up, and knocked me quite a bit of money off the bike

They sell loads of stuff in there and most of its pretty cheap and good quality

http://bikeshak.co.uk/

beancounter

Can I strongly recommend Twenty3c in Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes. Opened last December.

Great shop and really nice people (Alan and Ceri). Fantastic range of bikes including Bianchi and Colnago (drool).

Alan runs maintenance courses on a Wednesday evening, I've just been on a couple and my previously awful skills are now very nearly adequate.

There's an open day this Saturday (Feb 28th) with Magnus Backstedt.

http://www.twenty3c.co.uk/

bc

clavicle

North West

Whitefield, Manchester, Mike Cookson Cycles..just changed its name to Cookson Cycles..superb personal service, always willing to discuss customer needs.
M K Cycles, Bolton..particularly good for road bikes
Green Machine, Horwich..good all round

can't say the same for L******* Lakes, Bury....but hey its not a bike shop it's a nationwide warehouse type outlet.

Te Bheag

Another vote for Fred Williams Cycles in Wolverhampton. Very pleasant and knowledgable staff, great range of bikes and above all for me (as a hoarder of older bikes) superb service on repairs and maintenance jobs I can't do.

Thoroughly recommended (unlike Leisure Lakes down the road, who pissed me off big time once... and this is their reward)

just4fun

i recommend quest bikes- the bike shop north harrow, not the largest selection but good service and knowledgable staff

They've probably already been mentioned but The Bicycle Works in Argyle Place offer a good efficient, well priced service after having used them a couple of times, I know why people recommend them :smile:

monnet

Guru
I've just come back from a wallet emptying experience at Wallis Cycles in Preston. I walked out with exactly the right bike for me at a (relatively speaking) bargain price. Absolutely brilliant service. Why I've never used them before I don't know but I'll certainly be back.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Brixton Cycles - friendly staff, and good mechanics. Great music on the sound system.

And, of course, the one and only Tavistock Cycles. Show me another shop that spends upwards of an hour and a half on each new bike between box and shop floor - going over every little bit and bob and spoke and derailleur hanger and bearing......

DieselDemon

LBS recommendation

Hello to all,
as a newbie to cycling, and having very recently opted in to the cycle-to-work scheme, I would like to recommend my LBS.
I found Priory Marina Cycling Ltd., Bedford, to be a marvellous experience for people like me who know next to nothing about bicycles. The customer service and advice is of a very professional level. I was most impressed with the old fashioned level of customer care which leads to you feeling as a friend as well as a valued customer.
They do servicing, repairs and stock a good range of clothing and accessories. They also do cycle hire and are in a lovely location. I'm happy to be a customer of this establishment and look forward to a long association with them.:biggrin:

Joe

Über Member
Anywhere decent around Crewe? I'm thinking more for buying bits than repairs/maintenence.
I've ridden past "Cycle Centre" http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/ in Congleton which looks decent, but not been in. Any good? Instore pricing the same as the website??

paddy01

Bike Hut in Exeter.

Living in Devon there's a plethora of shops to chose from, I'd chose these guys everytime.

There's any number of reasons I'd chose them over somewhere else :

1. They're all cyclists themselves from all sorts of disciplines like trials / road / mtb and various flavours in between. They're great ambassadors for cycling as both a past time and a sport.

2. They've never tried to sell me something I didn't want and are more than happy to put the time in with you making sure you get the right bike / part whether it be a £500 entry level hybrid or £5000 carbon dream machine.

3. They put the time in even out of hours by happily taking people along with them on shop rides, both road and mtb. Whether than be local weekly rides or trips further afield.

4. They went to the trouble of having a lad from another shop over 50 miles away, drive over a bike for my wife to try. This was on a bank holiday Monday in mid summer when the place was rammed.

Paddy

Top Bottom