LBS...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lucky toysRus has shut down, or unlucky? Lost a LBS. ;)

Guess I'm lazier than those guys then.
Does the e bike shop sell toys (not that toysrus sold many evidently), are the e bikes not the main focus? Asda sell bikes but it's not their focus, hence not an LBS. the same could perhaps be said of Halfords, but not their cycling focused arm, Cycle Republic

swansonj

Guru
My LBS caters for the Box Hill sporty crowd. I use them if I just need a brake block or inner tube, and to order Brompton spare parts because they are a dealer, but nowt else. I discovered recently that they do not have any panniers whatsoever in stock, which confirms my impression of them.

My second-L BS is Dave at Pilgrim Cycles. The world is a better place for his existence. I get to talk endlessly with him about trends in touring bike designs and I get to drool over his stock of classic touring machinery. I therefore make a point of patronising him where possible. In the above example, I willingly paid full retail price for new panniers from him rather than £20 cheaper online.

If we all chase cheaper prices online, we are making a conscious decision about the future of retailing.

Does the e bike shop sell toys (not that toysrus sold many evidently), are the e bikes not the main focus? Asda sell bikes but it's not their focus, hence not an LBS. the same could perhaps be said of Halfords, but not their cycling focused arm, Cycle Republic
Local and sell bikes - your words. Lots of shops...

I've never been to the ebike shop, I ride past signs for it everyday as it's on same industrial estate as my work.. Its called "the flat earth" and I thought the signs were propaganda for the flat earth society, lol. Looks like they have some pretty serious ebikes, so yes, I'd say that's their main focus..

Top Bottom