Le Tour for a Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Event title: Le Tour for a Tour
Event date/s: 26 July
Event location: York to Holme Moss via TDF day 2 route
Event organiser: [ Hudderfield RUFC U17s ]
Your relationship: [ Coach, co-organiser and participant ]
Cost of entry: [ Nil]
Minimum sponsorship: [ No minimum]
Beneficiary: [ Huddersfield RUFC U17s ]
Event link: [ None ]

I may be a bit late for this, as I've already done the ride, but it has just occurred to me that some of you kind folk may want to sponsor me in retrospect.

I am an assistant coach for the HRUFC U17 team, and we have a planned tour in the Netherlands next April. Many of the players would struggle to raise any of the costs involved, so in order to ensure all players can come we do various fundraising events to eke out the cost and make it as inclusive as possible.

The event was an 88 mile ride from York to Holme Moss along the TDF route, ridden by three of the coaches. We completed it in the blistering heat with a couple of support vehicles and some guest co-riders riding for a similar project.

Read my ride report here : http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.8938/post-3199743

If you were wondering whether I was worth sponsoring, I may add I lost a stone and trained hard for a couple of months and still found it a hell of a struggle! Total distance 88 miles, total climb 7900 feet. Not bad for a 50 yr old clydesdale class mountainbiker!

I have no "Giving Page" but would it be cheeky of me to beg for donations via paypal gift?

Top Bottom