Le Tour - Stage 4 - ***SPOILER***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

kennykool said:
Dont apologies - I'm proud of you!
:smile:

biking_fox

Guru
TdF newsflashes have LA in Yellow, his 84th of his career! But it's very very close. Maybe 10ths of second!

Mountains tomorrow? Surely LA will stretch gain time there?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
from the TdF site

17:30 - Fraction Of A Second To Decide Lead

The Astana team is 40" ahead of Saxo Bank. That’s the time that Armstrong had to make up to take the yellow jersey. We await confirmation on who is in the yellow jersey but whoever it is, it’s going to be a fraction of a second...

17:29 - Astana Win By 17"!

The Astana team has won the fourth stage. This is a double triumph as Lance is about to receive his 84th yellow jersey in the Tour de France.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
biking_fox said:
TdF newsflashes have LA in Yellow, his 84th of his career! But it's very very close. Maybe 10ths of second!

Mountains tomorrow? Surely LA will stretch gain time there?

Flat tomorrow.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TdF now has Cancellara in yellow, Astana second, third, fourth, fifth, Wiggers in sixth

biking_fox

Guru
Bad day for Evans - 2'59 down. That's a long way to come back from this early in the tour, Sastre in the same trouble at 2'44 and Schleck at 1'41 really looks like it's between LA and Conti - unless Cancerella can hold on through the bumpy bits? Does he really have a chance?

CotterPin

Wow - I need a sit down after all that.

Mind you, shame about Garmin. They seem to be turning into a team of Poulidors - just never quite making it. Which is why I like 'em so much

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
biking_fox said:
Bad day for Evans - 2'59 down. That's a long way to come back from this early in the tour, Sastre in the same trouble at 2'44 and Schleck at 1'41 really looks like it's between LA and Conti - unless Cancerella can hold on through the bumpy bits? Does he really have a chance?
I think that's a little premature.

simon_brooke

alecstilleyedye said:
it's yellow for armstrong almost certainly…

Halfmanhalfbike said:
Now Astana know whats needed. LA prob in yellow. Who would have thunk it
The Tour just got interesting

User3094 said:
LA in yellow by 1 sec at 3rd split.

Ha! How does crow taste?

biking_fox said:

Yes. He was first in the Tour of Switzerland this year, and towed the whole peloton over the Galibier on Stage 17 last year. He's a big man and doesn't have a lot of acceleration in the mountains, but he can climb. He's also lost a fair bit of weight this year. Furthermore, if the team decide to make him their leader, they are one hell of a team - as they showed today.

I'm not saying he will do it - I think probably not - but it's not an outside chance.

Top Bottom