Le Tour - Stage 4 - ***SPOILER***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Ride of the day to Garmin, 25k out with 5 men!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
By gum.

Surprised Saxo did so well, gutted for Garmin (seems to be my common refrain these days).

The other teams will have to do something pretty spectacular in the mountains to dislodge the Borats' grip on the GC, won't they? Odd to see Lance's conversion to the idea of multiple leaders on one team voiced by the man himself in interview...

John the Monkey said:
By gum.

Surprised Saxo did so well, gutted for Garmin (seems to be my common refrain these days).
About 20% difference perhaps? :becool:

The other teams will have to do something pretty spectacular in the mountains to dislodge the Borats' grip on the GC, won't they? Odd to see Lance's conversion to the idea of multiple leaders on one team voiced by the man himself in interview...
I presume that as we're all aware of cancer now he must have more time to devote to the racing side of things. Seems like he's shifting position from stage to stage. By Stage 14 I fully expect Bertie to be found floating, half eaten, in a tank full of sharks while LA strokes a fluffy white cat and gloats over a really big map of the world.

yello

John the Monkey said:
Odd to see Lance's conversion to the idea of multiple leaders on one team voiced by the man himself in interview...

I mentioned that in another thread and nobody picked up on it.... :biggrin:

...but, yes, wouldn't have happened in his day would it :blush:

I was expecting Columbia to have done better... perhaps they were a little tired. Good to see Cav paying back to the team too, he was not shurking.

I too was hoping Garmin would win today but wasn't expecting it. Saxo did better than I was expecting though.

I didn't think it was the best TTT course I've seen though. I thought it a bit, um, 'technical' I guess is the euphamism!

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
yello said:

I was expecting Columbia to have done better... perhaps they were a little tired. Good to see Cav paying back to the team too, he was not shurking.

I too was hoping Garmin would win today but wasn't expecting it. Saxo did better than I was expecting though.

I didn't think it was the best TTT course I've seen though. I thought it a bit, um, 'technical' I guess is the euphamism!

Or saving themselves for another 'cross-wind massacre' tomorrow?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Chuffy said:
About 20% difference perhaps? :blush:
I try to watch the tour uncynical.

That give me the joy of that punch in the guts "you f*****g mug" feeling once the retrospective test results are released...

I presume that as we're all aware of cancer now he must have more time to devote to the racing side of things. Seems like he's shifting position from stage to stage. By Stage 14 I fully expect Bertie to be found floating, half eaten, in a tank full of sharks while LA strokes a fluffy white cat and gloats over a really big map of the world.
Tish and pshaw!

There were tanks of sharks everywhere today, and me and my cat just happened to be on the right side of the bridge over that particular one when it suddenly opened, innit.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
yello said:
I only saw it on tonight's highlights show just now, yello, no slight intended!
It might have done.

But there would have been CONSEQUENCES.
Columbia seem to be able to win at will on the flat stages - maybe that's enough for them? Their sponsors will be happy, I'd imagine.
I like it, even though it did for poor old Denis - mind you, I liked the Giro TT course too...

Noodley

Chuffy said:
I presume that as we're all aware of cancer....a really big map of the world.

***STOP PRESS***

Man in Nicaraguan forest has not heard of cancer and Lance's saintly crusade to single handedly cure it...someone send him a tweet to let him know.

***STOP PRESS***

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Noodley said:
***STOP PRESS***

Man in Nicaraguan forest has not heard of cancer and Lance's saintly crusade to single handedly cure it...someone send him a tweet to let him know.

***STOP PRESS***
How can this be?

Lance has been riding his bike REALLY fast.

Noodley

John the Monkey said:
How can this be?

Lance has been riding his bike REALLY fast.

***BIG PROBLEM IDENTIFIED***

Lance has been riding his bike REALLY fast in countries where people already know about the fight against cancer.

***BIG PROBLEM IDENTIFIED***

Top Bottom