Leci/gas meter readings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
WHAT - you have meter readers all the way out there

We have not seen one for many many years
In fact I none have ever visited this house since I moved in over 8 years ago!!!
and I was in my previous house (in Wales!!) for 3 years and never saw one

maybe they don't trust people in your areas for some reasons??:ohmy:
:boxing::boxing::boxing:

I know. Spooky eh? Im surprised they ever managed to find me. :laugh:

I know. Spooky eh? Im surprised they ever managed to find me. :laugh:

Do you think MI5 check on Cycle Chat???

And what about "The Other Place"

:angel::angel:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Scottish Power is the worst company on this planet. I was lucky to get away with them owing me £150 instead of them trying to say I owed them thousands as some people have found to their cost.

TBH, never had an issue with them. British Gas, causing my wife a complete nightmare with her late mum's home.

Weird isn't it. My son enjoys Supported Living in the Community sharing a house with three other men. I manage the energy account on their behalf. It's with Scottish Power who could not be more helpful. On occasions one of the lads, all have limited speech and understanding, have to speak to SP staff who are kindness itself......so far.

I have BG at home as my "supplier of last resort." Yep, 100% accurate description. BG is an utter shambles of a company with no concept of customer service. The company isn't even capable of issuing bills, I have to ask for them!!!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@PaulSB My daughter had exactly the opposite experience with BG. Due to circumstances not quite within her control, and a situation she'd been put into. BG ended up writing off the bill.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The meters are read regularly around here (2-3 times a year). Lots of student houses so I guess they want to keep a close eye. I've never seen anyone other than someone from an agency taking the readings, in the 20 years I've been here.

currently Eon-Next are billing me monthly, so i send them the readings monthly

The meters are read regularly around here (2-3 times a year). Lots of student houses so I guess they want to keep a close eye. I've never seen anyone other than someone from an agency taking the readings, in the 20 years I've been here.

currently Eon-Next are billing me monthly, so i send them the readings monthly

I spent a while living in some flats mostly inhabited by students
never had a meter reading - they just believed what I said

When I left I gave a final reading
but then got a letter a few months later asking for $loadsofmoney for extra gas and electricity
turns out that the flat was let to students next and the gave an opening reading much higher than miy leaving reading
Luckily the company believed my old reading (which I had kept available)
dunno if the charged the new tenants or the landlord
but it does look like it is a common problem with flats that change hands a lot

byegad

Legendary Member
N Power had an almighty hen* up with their billing some years ago, essentially they had no idea about how much power many of their customers were using and failed to issue us with a bill in any shape or form for over a year. Our then direct debit didn't change. Eventually they sent readers out to try and sort the issue. They missed us two or three times, leaving a card to return with our reading, which we did, and eventually they sent an abrupt letter telling us they would be at our home at 9.30am on such and such a day and we had better be home! As Lady Byegad was at work, and I had a doctor's appointment at that time, we weren't in. The next abrupt letter threatened legal action if we weren't in between 9.00h and 17.00h on Saturday. We duly waited and they didn't turn up.

I rang them and tore the poor representative a new one, he countered by demanding a time and date for them to read the meter. I chose a Sunday after 18.00h and before 22.00h! The guy arrived at 22.30h, we were in bed and looking out of the bedroom window I waved, pointed at an imaginary watch and refused him entry.

Much threatening correspondence flowed to and fro before they eventually agreed to come on another Sunday evening, this time between 17.00 and 19.00h. The reader arrived, on time, read and left. Two weeks later a cheque for the several hundred pounds I'd overpaid arrived. They had made a smallish mistake, in my favour, but by then I had decided to move to another supplier and kept it.

* Hen, because the male chicken so self-identifies, and the anti-swearing editor change stinks!

Top Bottom