LED's on recumbents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have attached some hi-viz tape (from a yellow/orange hi-viz jacket) to my flag - strangely not visible in the picture below, but it is in the middle.

I also have both yellow and orange hi-viz material strips (simply cut from a £1.99 hi-viz jacket) as well as the hi-viz tape. I am repeatedly told that my flag is very obvious and people use it to find me. I went with 2 colours because I know only too well how yellow hi-viz can disappear in sunlight spring greens (well into summer as well) and how orange can disappear in autumn colours, so both help. The reflective tape is in the middle. These obvious move around a lot and attract attention to the point that my husband said that I need to attach my flag pole to my wheelchair so he can find me when we are out shopping (I was in a clothes shop at the time and 'being independent').

I trialled the little LED light from cateye for a while at the top of the pole, but it wasn't particularly effective and I was concerned about the weight and how much it was bending my particular pole.

IMG_3861_800.JPG

Top Bottom