"Leeds drivers warned ..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Ah - but that would be a speeding offence. The police will come down on that with all the powers that they have ... within austerity budget constraints .....
View attachment 350856
Yup - :sad:. Two of these Smiley Speed Indicator Devices installed recently in S Leeds. "Motorists have a chance to see a smile in Beeston and Holbeck, simply by driving within the speed limit!" Makes an ENORMOUS difference ... NOT. :cursing:

Shouldn't that quote be - "the unlicensed and uninsured now have an opportunity to have the maximum speed of their unregistered pool car displayed on the screen, for them to show their social media followers..." :rolleyes:

Wonder of you can buy that kit and would it be classed as impersonating a copper

oldstrath

Über Member
Offenders will be offered an educational talk apparently. Wow, how harsh. Why should they need education - I thought they were supposed to know this stuff already?

Personally I doubt any of this will work until the "education" is about showing how small a hydraulic ram can make the offender's car.

keithmac

Guru
Sgt Roper said cyclists should be allowed to ride 0.75 metres from the kerb to avoid drains and other road furniture

Well that's BS.

As far as the mats go, I quite like this one with the copper stood in the middle. Makes it a bit easier to visualise.
View attachment 350829

It still needs emphasising that a cyclist has every right to make use of the full width of the lane though.

I could count on one hand the times that drivers gave me that much room in a month of commuting..

classic33

Leg End Member
Offenders will be offered an educational talk apparently. Wow, how harsh. Why should they need education - I thought they were supposed to know this stuff already?

Personally I doubt any of this will work until the "education" is about showing how small a hydraulic ram can make the offender's car.
Why crush 'em?
Give them to the Fire Service to practice on. Get some use out of them

Top Bottom