"Leeds drivers warned ..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
That will be why all the drivers in Leeds are suddenly behaving themselves.

Not.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Long overdue and on far too small a scale, but it's a start.

Also, sincere apologies to anyone from outside the area who hasn't experienced the nightmare that is the YEP website before (or perhaps all the Johnston Press websites up and down the country are equally poor?)

There was a point missed her win Portsmouth with a similar exercise

The press gleefully reported that in a 2 hour exercise, 16 drivers had been either warned, cautioned or the Police "had a word"

The point that was missed is that this is the experience of th average commuter every day

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think his jersey is a bit of a give away.
So they're getting the unobservant ones first. That's OK.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
God this bloody mat again.

They take what should be a really simple concept, leave a cars width which you could do by a car superimposed next to the cyclists so motorists have to be far enough out to pass. Instead we get something that looks like an Ikea instruction manual.

BMW and Audi drivers struggle to accurately estimate their "six" inches, they have no sodding chance estimating 2.25m.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sgt Roper said cyclists should be allowed to ride 0.75 metres from the kerb to avoid drains and other road furniture

Well that's BS.

As far as the mats go, I quite like this one with the copper stood in the middle. Makes it a bit easier to visualise.
18121107_694307137442517_4086996898640927683_o.jpg

It still needs emphasising that a cyclist has every right to make use of the full width of the lane though.

OP
OP
G
It's still ignores the fact that that is still close if the passing speed is 60mph but ok if it's 20mph
Ah - but that would be a speeding offence. The police will come down on that with all the powers that they have ... within austerity budget constraints .....

LED_S_01.png

Yup - :sad:. Two of these Smiley Speed Indicator Devices installed recently in S Leeds. "Motorists have a chance to see a smile in Beeston and Holbeck, simply by driving within the speed limit!" Makes an ENORMOUS difference ... NOT. :cursing:

Top Bottom