Left leg in, left leg out, in out in out

Which foot do you put down first

• Left foot

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Right foot

• No preference

• I'm hardcore and track stand all the time!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was thinking about this the other day and wondered why I use my left all the time so it seems like I have yet another deficiency in my cycling.Oh well.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Touche said:
We can't all be Danny MacAskill

Equally there's usually no excuse for not working on to improve our skills no matter what level. I don't want to be less than I can be, so I keep on using the weaker side, both foot down or hand down to build it up and improve myself.

yenrod

garrilla said:
I'm having a problem with my left cleat at the moment and clipping in first time is prooving elusive - just since a change of cleats, the position of the cleat is near as damn it to the previous one and feels good in the ride. So 'im guessing is micro-mm out but enough to destroy muscle memory.

Anyway, my point being, I tried not unclipping my left but switching to the right, but left is SO natural its hard not to auto-pilot the unclip, so I gave up trying the right

That second/s can make all the difference when pulling from the lights..

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
hackbike 666 said:
It's never been an issue before until BM told me it was yet another defiency of mine.

Easy on that inferiority complex Hackers. It's not a dig at you, it's a general statement of fact. I too have this weakness, I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to be on the weaker side.

sadjack

Left foot first.

Mikey, to be honest I just cycle and enjoy it, its a skill I learnt as a kid and I never thought about needing to be two footed!

Now if I was a footballer on 100k a week :smile:

Hey just get out and ride the bike hackbike and dont let things get to you :smile:

J4CKO

Both, simultaeneously with a big Ta-Daaa and my bike slides from under me straight into the chanel in the rack.

Actually, the left.

SPHDS

Left foot almost exclusively (my right leg is weaker, so less able to balance - mild CP!), which came in very useful when it came to CBT and motorbike training!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Depends on which junction. Usually the left comes off to perch on the kerb, making my start easier. However there are a couple of junctions where there is a convenient kerb on the right hand side, so do the reverse.

However without a kerb, left foot every time. I think.

potsy

Rambler
BrumJim said:
Depends on which junction. Usually the left comes off to perch on the kerb, making my start easier. However there are a couple of junctions where there is a convenient kerb on the right hand side, so do the reverse.

However without a kerb, left foot every time. I think.
As Jim says.Always easier with a kerb though,can just about put my tip-toe down if there's not one.

BentMikey said:
Easy on that inferiority complex Hackers. It's not a dig at you, it's a general statement of fact. I too have this weakness, I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to be on the weaker side.

Sorry young mike.:rolleyes:

You have a point in a way though...does come useful in a clipless moment...I think I had one of these and managed to step with my right,just.xx(

Top Bottom