left right wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
I feel every encounter with a cyclist is potentially a collision in the making.
Due to many seemingly unable to make a decision, about where their position on the path should be.
:wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
it's getting to the point where I'm feeling safer on the road.
:laugh:
I guess like some motorists, a fair few ccyclists have their head up their arse.
Yeah, idiots are idiots no matter what mode of transport.

The feeling of being safer on the road will evaporate as soon as some nobber drives at you on the left side of the road (as you see it).

mjr

I feel every encounter with a cyclist is potentially a collision in the making.
Due to many seemingly unable to make a decision, about where their position on the path should be.
:wacko:
I'm really unsure why you're having such trouble. I make the decision to keep left and obviously definitely left, then I just deal with the few remaining idiots who want to play chicken and, in my experience, most will bend to my will! :smile:

Where is hades? It sounds like a crap place to ride ;)

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
so I'm out in a dodge seaside town, and the problems are the same here.
had a couple of pedestrians complaining my helmet light was too bright.
nothing I like better than destroying the retinas of my mortal enemies.
the fact their all over the shared space,in the cycle bit and nigh on invisible in the dark seems to pass them by.
IMG-20211113-WA0002.jpeg

had a nice bite to eat though

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
No sympathy with users of helmet lights, sorry.
Rather not have a collision with myopic pedestrians meandering all over the place. Remember I am visable from a great distance, miles in the case of my strobes. One encounter was a group of seven spread out and unwilling to cede ground.
experience is a harsh teacher. when your on your way to hospital with multiple fractures it's too late.
prevention is better than cure.
a 14stone man hitting you at even 10mph is gonna be traumatic. In London where I commute, this type of collision is common. Death has occurred.
I have no desire to become a statistic.

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
81ZF3E4Ae5L._AC_UY580_.jpg

May I recommend this company's products, I find them superb

simongt

Guru
As I've alluded to before, It now amuses me the occasional cyclist who is on their right on a cycle path and inisists that they're on the correct side - !
And with pedestrians, especially dog walkers and joggers, I just pass them on whichever side is safer at the time - ! :laugh:

mjr

Rather not have a collision with myopic pedestrians meandering all over the place. Remember I am visable from a great distance, miles in the case of my strobes.
Have you considered that maybe other users can't see you because you're dazzling them?

I've been riding cycleways 40ish years without becoming a crash statistic, as you put it. And which of us is having frequent conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom