left right wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
Have you considered that maybe other users can't see you because you're dazzling them?

I've been riding cycleways 40ish years without becoming a crash statistic, as you put it. And which of us is having frequent conflict?
depends where the cycleway is and the volume of traffic. in the sticks your possibly not going to encounter many fellow users. Round here there rammed. Whilst cycling on one outside oban I met hardly anyone. so I had no issues. on the other hand!

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
Just something for you to think about @tinywheels
or perhaps something for them to think about!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
depends where the cycleway is and the volume of traffic. in the sticks your possibly not going to encounter many fellow users.
Yes, now I live in the sticks and a busy day on the cycleway through my village is passing a dozen people, but I do still ride fairly often (albeit much less during the pandemic) in Cambridge, Norwich and London which are all pretty busy and I used to live and ride in Norwich and MK. I still never had the problems you seem to be having and I doubt people have suddenly gone gaga.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
worth every penny, a superb product.
visibility 5 miles and I'm still invisible

Quite apart from obstacles in the way , Earth‘s curvature means your light will not be seen 5 miles away in normal usage. Besides seeing a light 5 miles away serves no safety purpose for you whatsoever unless mountain rescue or a helicopter is coming to rescue you from high up some mountain somewhere ..

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
Update
heading to the station this am, a black clad ninja travelling at speed,appears out of the dark.Ninja has no lights, no helmet, no reflectors, possibly no common sense.
He/she whatever, is at terminal velocity. I go left,it goes right, game on mo fo.
I let out a scream,aaarrrrrgggghhhhh.
I flic to the right at the moment of impending doom.Ninja goes into the bushes at the side of cycle track. I let out a woop of relief, I'm unharmed and still going forward.
Couldn't be arsed to check on the dark rider,continue to station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom