Left standing & completely embarrassed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vandiesel

Regular
Lovely morning in Kent today so rude not to pop out for a couple of hours and 35 miles clocked.
Now, I'm very new to road biking and considered myself a young fit 51 yr old!
But,today in between Wye Crown, and the drop down into Braybourne Kent I was passed by two groups of 5-6 riders who just blasted past me like I was stood still! i didnt even get a chance to say "Mornin" I was so shocked at the pace they were going at and feel a tad embarrassed! Just said to myself "dont worry Andy, you've done 30 odd miles" Nah, not made me feel any better at!
Fair play to fittness chaps, I tilt my hat..

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
They were just starting there ride:whistle:

DRHysted

Guru
Groups can go so much quicker. I was flagging at the end of my ride today when a group of three went past, it was on a slight decline so I hooked on the end and found myself 4mph quicker with very little effort.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
If any one ever goes past, they are not fitter, they have not trained more , they have no more talent then you , they are just doped up.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've had that when the Giordana team went past me on a climb! It didn't make me feel bad, because I'm not a pro. It'd be like if a group of Premier League players turned up at my 5-a-side league. They'd win by miles, but it doesn't make me a bad player.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They saw you, suddenly had that pathetic macho urge to 'scalp' you, sped up to an unsustainable level, passed you, turned off at the next junction out of sight of you, and all stopped for a rest whilst you continued to pootle along unawares on the other road (and if you did follow them in the same road, then they would have quickly pretend that one of them had had a puncture or similar!!).

These people, they don't actually cycle anywhere, they just wait by the roadside for unsuspecting victims for their scalping shennanigans! :laugh:

Top Bottom