leg bone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scott s10

started to get some pain in my leg about 5cm below my knee.
its allright when im training and out on my bike but when i wake up it hurts a bit.
has any one had problems like this.
is it possibly the saddle height.
cheers

scaryant

Sounds like shin splints - tbh though, it's more of a running symptom, but I guess it could be also caused by cycling. If you've just started riding you could just be experiencing muscle fatigue or tightness. Often when a muscle is warmed up the pain subsides as it loosens up.

Could be the height of the saddle, position of cleats (if worn)... try some streches over a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
S

scott s10

just a look at it and a good feel
it was the muscle just near thr front of the bone was quite tight so massaged it (myself) and it feels perfect now.
got the massaging from a cycling book not anything else.

Chrisz

Über Member
What you need to do now is work out the cause! It sounds like the tibialis anterior muscle has been inflamed (as already stated this is often a running injury) 0 what's been causing yours? New shoes (bike or otherwise)? A change in technique?

ASDA

I have the same pain, just below knee on the outside of my left leg, thought it might a stress fracture but doesn't bother me at all when riding or playing football ?? But if i'm sat for any lenghth of time with the knee bent it aches and aint half painful when i move.

What kind of massage do you do might give it a go........... maybe the wife can do it plus extras :smile::laugh:

mr-marty-martin

maybe its because you dont use gear restrictions like you should be...and killing your legs with stupidly big gears.

Young Un

mr-marty-martin said:
maybe its because you dont use gear restrictions like you should be...and killing your legs with stupidly big gears.

+1 - I learn't the hard way - grinding = very painful knees. I am now back on gear restrictions, even for tt's and I do fine as I can still get up to 28/29 mph.

mr-marty-martin

i race and train every thing in gear restrictions now, apart from senior road races, were i do go out of restrictions for the sprint finishes, or i'd just get spat out the back...

im now pursuing track ambitions so will defantly stick to restrictions...

Top Bottom