legal advice for running a so called red light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the police are pursuing this relatively minor case, yet aren't bothering to investigate the hit and run which could so easily have resulted in @Crankarm being with us no more?

Actually, I don't find it particularly ironic, more like infuriating.

2723701 said:
Yes and no. The logical conclusion of your thinking is that, at any given moment, we identify our one greatest problem and put all our resources into addressing it.

Yep I don't see the two issues as mutually exclusive. I'd quite welcome zero tolerance on all traffic offences for a while.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the police are pursuing this relatively minor case, yet aren't bothering to investigate the hit and run which could so easily have resulted in @Crankarm being with us no more?

Actually, I don't find it particularly ironic, more like infuriating.

I don't. The police who recommended that charges be brought against the alleged RLJ merchant in this thread were on the scene, allegedly saw the deed and acted.

The police who tried to deal with the @Crankarm collision were not present and had little to go on.

The hit and run sounds awful and I'm sad that no further action is deemed practical by the authorities, but in my experience they usually do what they can in H&R cases.

As to the alleged RLJ... if a bicycle swooped in front of a police car in traffic and caused the driver to brake heavily (any driver will know this is possible even from 10mph) and then crossed an ATS at red, I would want the officers concerned to pursue, stop and speak to the cyclist. They did.

I am one of the lucky ones whose incidents (bicycle, car and motorcycle) have always been professionally dealt with by police and amulance crews. I understand that some CC members have had different experiences, but I see no irony in the different outcomes between these two threads.

Isn't that ironic? #alanismorrisette

Top Bottom