legal advice for running a so called red light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Re-read your post and think about what you are saying.

All the crimes mentioned are in essence low level.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
But my point is that they had real tangible impact on victims. The offence committed in the OP doesn't.

Sara_H

Guru
Nope-try harder.

RLJ does have an effect, there just isn't an easily identifiable victim.
Where was the victim? There wasn't one. This would have been better dealt with by having a word or even an FPN. Taking this case to court is OTT and a waste of tax payers money.

400bhp

Guru
The victim is everyone.

I am not spelling it out-sorry, gave up that internet game a long time ago.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
When I get a car, I will fit it with a dashcam. I will then show the people of the world how late you can safely brake for a red light (the environment will obviously depend on it but some people think that an amber means green). Countless times I see people running ambers just because they think it is a green.
Even when cycling, and approaching a junction where I know I can safely go through on an amber, I will still stop when I can.
eh? It's fully dependent on your car and your reactions. Some drivers with some cars can not stop for things that you think you might be able to.

Matthew, When you get a car please just drive it, don't do dash cam and don't do stupid pointless stunts like you mentioned above. You are in a heavy vehicle which you don't know how to control properly (passing your test doesn't equate to knowing how to control your car like senna). There's a difference to stopping safely and stopping by heavy breaking that could see you loosing control.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Where was the victim? There wasn't one. This would have been better dealt with by having a word or even an FPN. Taking this case to court is OTT and a waste of tax payers money.
Has the OP confirmed why this is going to court? I've not seen it so I can only suggest that he may have been given an FPN and he is choosing to challenge it in court.

Thats what I mean about the environment. I will probably do it when traffic is quiet and there is noone around who might be affected by it (that is if I even remember by then). I probably wouldnt have the courage to mess about on the roads. Just turn the camera on, and get on with the drive.

Sir, do not do this thing. Do not make that film.

Do not mess about on the roads, whether you think they are clear or not.

Messing about on the roads does not take courage. It takes stupidity and brazen selfishness. I know; I've done it.

The world does not want or need a film by a novice driver about how to brake for an ATS. Particularly a novice driver who picks and chooses which laws he will obey.

Sir, do not make that film.

400bhp

Guru
... loosing... control.

Just sayin:evil:

Reactions: gaz

Sara_H

Guru
The victim is everyone.

I am not spelling it out-sorry, gave up that internet game a long time ago.
In that they give us all a bad name? Well sufficicie
Has the OP confirmed why this is going to court? I've not seen it so I can only suggest that he may have been given an FPN and he is choosing to challenge it in court.
I uspect you're right. Be very unusual otherwise.

Top Bottom