Lego...50th anniversary.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Who still has some in their loft?:wacko:

I don't.:biggrin:

I had loads when I was a young whippersnapper. Techincs lego too.
Great fun....used to build so many different things........makes me all nostalgic.....:biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Number one son has all mine now, plus a shed load of his own...

ChrisKH

Guru
None in my loft because my two sons have got it all now and some more to boot. Favourite is the mini-Darth Vader (and his fighter) with his red light sabre. If you take off his helmet his face is scarred.:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Is that what the bricky Google logo is about then?
Great stuff. Used to have some when I was young, but never enough. If you can't make it with lego and / or meccano it's really not worth doing:biggrin:

SamNichols

I'll never forgive my mum for giving it away when I was in my early teens. If I had it i'd be playing with it all day long - I also believe that if students had a tub of it in freshers week, they'd be very popular indeed. As it is, my sister's boyfriend and I have taken to buying it for each other as a serious joke present. A joke in as much as it's not for our age group, but serious in as much as its a very serious business.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was in the Douglas Adams society as a first year (it was an excuse to play mad games and stuff really) and we had a Blue Peter evening once - we all brought old toilet roll tubes, sticky back plastic and washing up liquid bottles and stuff, and built a giant model of a futuristic city (I think it even had a monorail). That was great fun!

simonali

Guru
I had that big Technic car with reclining seats and a working flat four engine.

ChrisKH

Guru
Arch said:
Yup, well, it's at my Mum's a biscuit tin full. Just waiting for nephew Oli to be old enough....

No, give it to him now. You haven't lived if you haven't had a single unit white block stuck up your nose. :biggrin::biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm ... I need to buy yet more of the stuff ... son's birthday coming up and to be honest its the only thing he plays with and he wants Star Wars ones... so why can't I find it in the shops.

The girls have out-grown their pink girly lego and talked about getting rid of it but I want to keep it for when they are grown up (or the odd occasion when they forget how old they are anyway and play with it).

Arch

Married to Night Train
ChrisKH said:
No, give it to him now. You haven't lived if you haven't had a single unit white block stuck up your nose. :biggrin::biggrin:

When my sister was little, she once came up to Mum in the garden, a little tearful, extended a hand, with a single holly berry in it and said "there was two, mummy". "Where's the other one?", said Mum, as calmly as she could. My sister indicated up her nose...

Top Bottom