1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leicester Social?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hilldodger, 9 Nov 2007.

1. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Seems to be lots of people on here from in or around sunny Leicester. Fancy meeting up for a social?

2. Don't see why not...name a pub.

3. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Wetherspoon are running a real ale festival from 1st to 18th Nov :blush: :smile: :biggrin:

4. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

sounds good to me, do you suppose so many people cycle in Leicester cos its flat?

5. Lord of the Teapot

The amount of cyclists from Leicester posting in/on here is due to the fact that we are a friendly sociable group of cyclists in good old Leicester :blush: :smile: :biggrin:

6. The Velvet Curtain

The Velvet Curtain Living La Mala Vida

Speak for yourself, I pride myself on being a grumpy git, and as for it being flat, every route out of Le-stur is uphill which makes leaving the city on a cold Sunday morning a real slog!:blush:

7. OP
    OP
    Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Criterion next Wednesday at say 7ish?

8. Lord of the Teapot

party-smiley-020.gif

Unlikely I'll be there, but have a good time those that make it

9. OP
    OP
    Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

bump

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Brill ! I leave Shepshed and you arrange a shindig ! GITS !!

11. Lord of the Teapot

12. Ghost Donkey

Ghost Donkey Guest

Roger, were you at Leicester Uni for the big green week last month? Apparantly some of cycle magic were present. I was on off on leave at the time so I missed it all.

13. OP
    OP
    Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

I wasn't working there but yes we did have rickshaws running a couple of days and a try out of many different bikes. We'll be there again soon:smile:

14. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

soooo are folks meeting up? Sounds good to me however as I only get back from Sunny coventry at 7, and I've had a few late nites already this week I may not make it. Next week better tho!

Have fun

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I'd love to come along, especially as the lovely Kirsty from CycleChat is going to be there :blush:

Unfortunately I don't think I could make it from London by bike after a full days work.