LEJOG in 2017 while I still can, help with which bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frostiethesnowman

I am reaching a round numbered birthday and this ride is something I planned to do in my 20s but never came off. While I still can I want to ride LEJOG at a leisurely, enjoying the views, stop when I want type of ride. I'm not sure if I can find someone mad enough to do this with me. If I can it will be a self planned B and B type of tour. If not I might look at joining an organised ride. Just started looking for a bike and local shop are recommending a Genesis tour de fer. Anyone have any experience of this make of bike? I'm sure it would do the job but are there better options? I want to get the bike early so I can do some training and get used to riding a more laden bike especially up hills. Ive also started looking at route on end to end a safe way., has anyone used this? Any advice gratefully received, thank you.
Hi - I saw you are thinking about a ride from John o Groats to Lands end and I you wanted some company on the ride perhaps we could do it together. Steve

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Hi - I saw you are thinking about a ride from John o Groats to Lands end and I you wanted some company on the ride perhaps we could do it together. Steve
Hi Steve, my mate I was going to do this with has realised he can't get time off work, so I'm happy to discuss this with you. I'm thinking of starting 17th June and probably 16 days , but was planning on being totally flexible. Was going to use b and b's. Does this fit with your thinking? Let me know and we can swap details and take it from there
Paul

frostiethesnowman

I am reaching a round numbered birthday and this ride is something I planned to do in my 20s but never came off. While I still can I want to ride LEJOG at a leisurely, enjoying the views, stop when I want type of ride. I'm not sure if I can find someone mad enough to do this with me. If I can it will be a self planned B and B type of tour. If not I might look at joining an organised ride. Just started looking for a bike and local shop are recommending a Genesis tour de fer. Anyone have any experience of this make of bike? I'm sure it would do the job but are there better options? I want to get the bike early so I can do some training and get used to riding a more laden bike especially up hills. Ive also started looking at route on end to end a safe way., has anyone used this? Any advice gratefully received, thank you.
Hi
I'm sorry I have not been in touch - if you still wanted some company on the ride perhaps we can resume discussing it. Kind regards
Steve

Davos87

Guru
Its probably not what you want to hear, not least because we all love buying bikes...but you can do lejog on any bike.

Just pace yourself accordingly. The roads are not challenging, the hills not that demanding and the weather, well it will be British.

I did mine with discover adventure, who organised absolutely everything. I spent about a tenner in the entire two weeks, it was all included.

If it helps to prepare...or motivate, check out a few blogs...here's mine

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/lands-end-to-john-ogroats.155855/
Inspiring blog that. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed reading it.

Just read your blog - most enjoyable and some pretty good pics as well. As someone who is planning to ride JOGLE this year, I am looking forward to seeing some of the scenes in your photos.

Warren

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Ajax Bay My blog is at
Paulandrewlejog@wordpress.com

I just had a blast and met some brilliant people, ate so much cake and tried so many local beers. Your route was fantastic and just loved the Isle of Arran and Mull. Can't recommend it enough.

Top Bottom