LEJOG or JOGLE 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
Anyone want to do there and back?

:rolleyes:

I fancy having a crack at it, happy to camp or B&B *should* be able to get any 2 weeks hols providing its not school holiday period when it becomes a little bit hit and miss.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I keep being suggested to by the charity I'm a trustee of; Whiteknights EVS.

Just need to talk SWMBO round. I'd have to do it in June/early July probably.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just do it and don't wait for other folk to join in.

Doing it solo opens the door to a lot more conversations with the locals than if you did the ride as a par or a group. I've done it both ways seperated by a Channel to Med ride.

The LEJOG ride that I did had to be one of the best holidays that I have ever had. The conversations with locals and their acts of kindness and generosity were amazing. There's also no conflict riding solo.

Nick bray

Regular
Hi all,

Really interested in doing this next year....may/June sounds good.
If you are still looking for people, give me a shout with dates etc...

Gez73

Veteran
I'd love to do this too but have never toured before and would in all honesty probably need about a year to get confident enough to do it. Would be great if we could get a group together ourselves and go for it. Will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully in about a year we will have plans in place to do it. Just for the record I would camp but would be happier to do B&B. Gez

decbres

Regular
Hi there, I'm really keen to do this in August 2013 cycling from JOG to LE over about 2 weeks, unsupported and camping the odd night but B and B mostly. Would be great to get a group together for it. Can only do it in August as flat out working for the man until that time. As above will keep an eye on this forum and see how things develop. Gonna start stretching the legs in anticipation anyways. Laters

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Heartening to see alot of people looking at doing this next year; I'm another! Maybe we could start a thread of potential LEJOGers 2013 where people can generally swap progress reports and updates of training/preperation etc so others who are looking at doing it in the same time span can share tips and encouragement?

For my part, it looks like Im riding solo but supported at the moment. I had a few bites on the line, but when I started looking at route planning, distances, climbs etc all kinds of excuses came out! So currently Im planning for a LEJOG (well, actually, JOGLE) whilst a few other well wishers are 'planning' the finer details of a two week 'support car mission'...

karl61

hi all, new member here, hoping to do lejog next year, august time, have already looked at route options, hopefully doing a supported ride, a work colleague is interested in being the support driver, 9/10 daye ride.but any advice gratefully received,

Top Bottom