LEJOG or JOGLE 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gez73

Veteran
Hello and welcome. You should have no difficulty getting all the information you need from this site or elsewhere. 9/10 days seems about the average so you should be fine. Goodluck and enjoy, if we don't see you enroute!!

karl61

thanks gez, r u doing it next year? if so would be interested in your route and other info.

Gez73

Veteran
Hoping to but planning at the very early stages. Need to try to swing time off work before I can even think about doing it. There is a company near me that organise everything for you including support and accommodation. Not cheap though think it's about £1500 or thereabouts. Would like to try it solo and do the camping thing but need to do a lot more in the way of preparation first. I will probably try a coast to coast first in the new year as a taster for the big one! There's loads of people who have done it and would be far more valuable to you than me at the moment. Do keep us all informed of your preparations.

karl61

looks like the roads next year are going to be rammed with bikes, might get the bus instead!!

jim short

Regular
Hi all I shall be doing LEJOG going on the night train on April 30 to Penzance and then arrive in Thurso on 14 may then going across to Orkneys for a day and then going home on the 16 May. Cant wait. Planned it all myself cost approx £750 including ferry to Orkneys, trip to castle Mey,and Train fares.

robgul

Legendary Member
Lots of rabbit here :hyper: - if you're doing it why not list the ride at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk in the Calendar? Loads of resource, journals and ready-made routes.

It really is a great ride - my recommendation for a first-timer would be JOGLE (don't believe the stuff about the winds, it's not true)

Rob

fatmo

Regular
I'm planning on a there and back in 2016, got a couple of LD's and an Ironman to do (attempt) before then, if I am still functioning by then I'd be keen to do an unsupported group

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok...I'm a possible...bit skint so cheaper the better...can ride tourer fully loaded/tent etc or Bianchi if cheap B&B's all the way...dunno about dates...mostly I'm a free man though..:rolleyes:

Top Bottom