Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Northern England

• Scotland South

• Scotland North

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jakes Dad said:
Screenman has just confirmed on the other thread that the relay record is at 39hrs 10mins + 19 seconds so an average speed of 22+ mph is needed to beat that record

I'l second Will & Wigsie as event organisers

Simon

Blimey, I didnt find any record when applying for this.. i guess they will let me know all the details in due course.

22mph average is a stonking effort

screenman said:
I have just checked with the Lincoln Wheelers organiser. The Lincoln Wheelers took the relay record which was verified by the Guiness Book Of records with a time of 39 hrs 10 min and 39 seconds on the 26th and 27th of June 1995. I believe the RAF took it back somewhere around 1999/2000.

I think this might put the mockers on a lot of regular cyclist (me included) having a go at this with the average speed required being so high

Simon

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jakes Dad said:
I think this might put the mockers on a lot of regular cyclist (me included) having a go at this with the average speed required being so high

Simon

Sod that... think it should still run as planned! the world record would be a bonus.. but I don't think we should disallow people to join in because they can't maintain a certain speed... we are not a snobby elitist cycling club, this is a friendly/fun forum and the relay should stay that way.

Any talk of people having to be a certain standard will be met with many (including me) walking away, its a challenge in itself yes... but no forum has done it before and its a CC thing so thats good enough for me.

longers

Legendary Member
Very well said Wigsie.

I couldn't do the speed required of a record attempt but would still love to have a go at being part of an End to End relay.

longers said:
Very well said Wigsie.

I couldn't do the speed required of a record attempt but would still love to have a go at being part of an End to End relay.

I echo that statement

But if the record attempt was important i know for sure that i could'nt maintain the average speed required so i would'nt of wanted to let the forum down with a slower speed

Simon

Garz

Squat Member
There maybe a record for a fast team relay but I doubt they have as many people to carry the baton the distance! We can break other records on this ride, but most of all in a fun manner.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jakes Dad said:
I echo that statement

But if the record attempt was important i know for sure that i could'nt maintain the average speed required so i would'nt of wanted to let the forum down with a slower speed

Simon

Relax.... if your free and you have a bike your in as far as I am concerned. Those that don't become official baton holders can help out, ride alongside to support the other riders, anything really.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'd love to be involved, ideally in northern England but seeing as numbers are short in Scotland I'd be happy to do a stint up there provided it could be made to fit with work etc. Don't expect more than 15mph average from me.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
PaulSB said:
I'd love to be involved, ideally in northern England but seeing as numbers are short in Scotland I'd be happy to do a stint up there provided it could be made to fit with work etc. Don't expect more than 15mph average from me.

Your welcome, No expectations for speed, check out the other thread in this section for details/regions.

Top Bottom