LEJOG - Royston Wood - A Safer way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Morris

In September 2016 after completing a London to Paris ride, on the Avenue Verte, self supported, I managed to inspire myself into wanting to complete a bigger challenge. Lands End to John O Groats took my attention- a 1000 mile ride across mainland Britain.

Solo & self supported I followed a 10 day itinerary over 1006 miles, using the majority of Royston Woods - A Safer Way route.

An amazing adventure of which I would recommend to anyone who has even the slightest thought of taking on the challenge.

I have written a fairly detailed blog of my adventure, please take a look - [temporarily removed due to a security message]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Andy Morris I've removed the link from your opening post as it was flagging a security issue. Once you sort it out just put it back and tag me (using the @ symbol) and I'll check it again.

Mkbutters

Regular
In September 2016 after completing a London to Paris ride, on the Avenue Verte, self supported, I managed to inspire myself into wanting to complete a bigger challenge. Lands End to John O Groats took my attention- a 1000 mile ride across mainland Britain.

Solo & self supported I followed a 10 day itinerary over 1006 miles, using the majority of Royston Woods - A Safer Way route.

An amazing adventure of which I would recommend to anyone who has even the slightest thought of taking on the challenge.

I have written a fairly detailed blog of my adventure, please take a look - [temporarily removed due to a security message]

Hi

Starting LEJOG on 14 th June and was going to use Royston's route. Those that have done and amended it in places would you be willing to share your GPX files / route? Happy with most of route but want to avoid really rough tracks/mud etc as on road bikes

Thanks in advance

Mike Butters

Last edited by a moderator:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi

Starting LEJOG on 14 th June and was going to use Royston's route. Those that have done and amended it in places would you be willing to share your GPX files / route? Happy with most of route but want to avoid really rough tracks/mud etc as on road bikes

Thanks in advance

Mike Butters

Mkbutters

Regular

Hi Andy... do you have the link for your blog?

Regards

Mike

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi Steve I have downloaded Roystons route onto RWGPS but not made any amendments so far. Have you used it?
No I have not worked out how to download them into RWGPS. Have you made yours for public viewing and if so, what are they called?

Top Bottom