LEL 2017: alarms set for 15.55 and 23.55 today (15/9)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
There will be. In 2013, they eventually offered places to everyone on the waiting list that was an AUK member when the entries went on sale, so they have a fair idea of how many AUK member will take it up. 4-600 apparently.

But they have already said that if all 6000 eligible AUKs want to ride, they will accommodate them.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=92921.msg1919591#msg1919591

Alwyn speaks with authority.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

My mind is officially at rest.

I'd better get my backside into gear and buy my trike then! :hyper:

PpPete

Legendary Member
I
If you make full use of the controls, it is possible to complete the ride without spending any additional money.
Some do that, and I believe most only spend a few pounds on treats - I heard ice creams mentioned quite a few times.
Over the course of the 5 days of the 2013 edition I really pushed the boat out and managed to spend a whole £5 outside of the controls.
An ice-cream at Alston on the Monday afternoon after Yad Moss, another one, and a can of coke, on the Thursday afternoon (it was the hottest day of the year)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Over the course of the 5 days of the 2013 edition I really pushed the boat out and managed to spend a whole £5 outside of the controls.
An ice-cream at Alston on the Monday afternoon after Yad Moss, another one, and a can of coke, on the Thursday afternoon (it was the hottest day of the year)

Top man.

Purely hypothetically, if I completed LEL I'm sure my ice cream sense of entitlement number would be greater than two.

I had one ice cream I think, but the last day I spent up big on a slap up breakfast (as Pocklington had run out of hot food) when I was still pretending I could finish, and a piggy lunch in Market Rasen, while waiting for my train of shame after abandoning.

DSC_0029.png

I don't expect either to happen next time, cause the team are well aware of the food running out problem, at that is one reason it's going to be a little more expensive; and I am am not abandoning next time. You can prise that bike out of my cold, dead hands otherwise I will be in London.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You can prise that bike out of my cold, dead hands otherwise I will be in London.

A couple of the riders said to me they regarded LEL as more of a mental challenge than a physical one.

Clearly, you need to be physically able to complete any ride, but with that attitude, I have no doubt you will do it.

Top Bottom