Lemond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Carbon main tubes and rear triangle too by the looks of it. Lugs are Ali. I’ve got a Giant from late nineties which is similar. Some of these composite frames have bonding problems, don’t know about this one, although if it’s survived thus far.... Should be very light. Looks nice and I suspect it will finish way above current bid. Dip your bread in.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Carbon main tubes and rear triangle too by the looks of it. Lugs are Ali. I’ve got a Giant from late nineties which is similar. Some of these composite frames have bonding problems, don’t know about this one, although if it’s survived thus far.... Should be very light. Looks nice and I suspect it will finish way above current bid. Dip your bread in.
Now thats a quotable phrase "Dip your bread in" ....l love it takes me right back to 1966 when l was a poor student with no "bread"

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'm with @biggs682 on this. That second one is not much to look at!
I probably should have posted it in the "why are ugly bikes modern" section :banghead:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

I had such a giant and it was indeed chuffing light and quite stiff. Lot of fun. Until I pulled the downtube out of rhe head lug.

From the sublime to.....well enough said.

The TVT is lovely and as @Cycleops says may go for a fair bit more than the current bids. Decide what you would be prepared to pay, put in a max bid and cross your fingers:okay:

Of course if you do end up with it, you have to sign up to Retrobike immediately:laugh:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
From the sublime to.....well enough said.

The TVT is lovely and as @Cycleops says may go for a fair bit more than the current bids. Decide what you would be prepared to pay, put in a max bid and cross your fingers:okay:

Of course if you do end up with it, you have to sign up to Retrobike immediately:laugh:
I don't think l will be able to go to what it is realistically worth but you never know. l imagine that there would be a reserve on it in any case .

That Lemond is lovely - reminds me of my old Raleigh Dynatech - light, stiff, tremendous fun and black and red, so both cool and fast! Quality groupset too.

The Chiapale, on the other hand, is not lovely. Can't tell from the photos and the busy decor whether half the marks are scratched lacquer or just dust. Also, why no photos of the drivetrain? Who only photographs the left side of a bike for sale? :whistle:

Top Bottom