Lemond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
woodbutcher said:
lf l may say so that is a very restrained reply to Skipdiver John :whistle: Much more so than what l said to Thierry Tran Duc when he had a look at my TVT and announced that it was "not original"

It was a restrained reply, but then I wasn't actually having a go at Biggs682 in my comment, just pointing out that modern CF are nowhere near as pleasing to look at than classic stuff with round section tubes and frame lugs. Not knowing the make/model of Biggs modern CF bike, it would be wrong of me to say it was outright ugly as I haven't seen it to form an opinion. I suspect pretty much everyone who posts in the Vintage section will regard a lugged frame with slender diameter round tubing to be the benchmark standard used to judge how pleasing or otherwise a modern bike is on the eye.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
My sentiments exactly.....it is a bit weird because of it being so light, l get the feeling that lve missed some bits off .

Pedals? :whistle:

Can you tell how insanely jealous I am? Seriously, that's a beautiful bike.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's certainly a very pretty looking machine, combining sporting minimalist functionality with good looks. I'm glad it's gone to someone who appreciates it for what it is and will treat it properly.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
It's certainly a very pretty looking machine, combining sporting minimalist functionality with good looks. I'm glad it's gone to someone who appreciates it for what it is and will treat it properly.
Thanks for the vote of confidence and yes l really do value just being able to own it for a while (l guess it will last a lot longer than l will:smile:)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nope, the ergo shifters stay at least for now, l don't see any reason to be all purist, l just want something that works well . I will change the bar tape and cable sleeves from white to black though.....just tinkering really

Agree re bar tape and cable ..... oh and dont forget to level up the q/r's for ultimate stupidity :laugh:

Top Bottom