Length of space for turbo setup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudson1984

Über Member
Hi all,

Odd query but I’m without a bike these days and looking to put a turbo setup in the shed.

I know all bikes are slightly different and all turbos are slightly different

But could someone have a measure of their setup (even with a photo) and just let me know the length of space required?

Just want to plan my space whilst looking for a turbo hack

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have an Elite Fluid Turbo.

It is contained within the length of my bike.

13 rider

Guru
My taxc neo take up the same length as my back wheel so a bike length is a good estimate , allow room at the front for something to hold a screen if your doing a virtual app like zwift . Width wise the width of your pedals with room to kick your leg over . My older wheel on trainer would heve taken up more room as the legs folded out behind the rear wheel

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Über Member
Lol details people details.

Most dimensions I see are purely distance between wheel centres rather than length overall.

And at the mo - no bike so I can’t even say “it’ll be the length of the bike”

OldShep

Über Member
Most dimensions I see are purely distance between wheel centres rather than length overall.

And at the mo - no bike so I can’t even say “it’ll be the length of the bike”
add your wheel size I.e 700mm to the wheel centre dimension and with a bit added for good luck you’ve got your overall length. Or am I seeing it too simply?

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Über Member
no not really, was more of a mix of that and how far the turbo comes passed that figure, didn't know they take less space than the radius of the wheel (for a wheel off trainer) Hopefully I can find a front wheel mount too, and have both wheels off completely.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
no not really, was more of a mix of that and how far the turbo comes passed that figure, didn't know they take less space than the radius of the wheel (for a wheel off trainer) Hopefully I can find a front wheel mount too, and have both wheels off completely.
and your head against a shed wall??? if you dont have room for the front wheel, then it doesn't seem practical.

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Über Member
and your head against a shed wall??? if you dont have room for the front wheel, then it doesn't seem practical.

which was kinda reason for asking - if I still had a bike, I'd just hop on it and have a measure, but i'll be getting the shed to fit the size requirements, so hoped I would get some helpful answers to steer me in the right direction

T4tomo

Legendary Member
add your wheel size I.e 700mm to the wheel centre dimension and with a bit added for good luck you’ve got your overall length. Or am I seeing it too simply?
no you're seeing it perfectly, even those with a resistance "wheel" and a frame pretty much fit within the back wheel diameter. The variable is the bike length of the as yet unspecified bike to be purchased.

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Über Member
ahh yea, didn't think to look for a turbo mat. Kinda obvious really. But that's great cheers, will help decide on which shed will do the job

Top Bottom