1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lense colours...which does what?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by stevenb, 13 Oct 2007.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I have a pair of Mighty brand sunglasses...cheap I know...but darn good for the £10 I paid quite sometime back.
    Anyhow.
    They come with interchangable lenses.....al UV protective.
    At the moment I have the standard black tint lenses in them.
    The clear lenses I assume are for the darker days whereby you still need protection from the elements....but what are the smokey blue lenses, red lenses ad yellow lenses for?

Varying degrees of light?:biggrin:

Cheers

Steve

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

If you put a blue lens in the left and a yellow one in the right you will be able to see straight through womens clothing.

3. Brock

Brock Senior Member

I thought it was just so you could accessorise your outfits without clashing.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

:biggrin: :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

...whereas blue in left and red in right will make everything appear in lifelike 3D.

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The yellow ones are there to give you a headache in 15 minutes.

7. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Rudy Project have a summary of the various colours.

Personally:

Graded transparent for darkness and dusk, as well as those consistent grey days
    Racing red for mixed days
    Smoke Black for sunny days
    Mirror black for the really bright rides - early morning into the sun or really bright summer days.

9. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

Cheers guys. The Oakley guide is pretty good. Quite snazzy. :biggrin:
    Shame I don't the money available for some Oakleys.

I am currently using the smokey bluey grey colour lenses at the moment as yesterday was fairly grey with sunny outbreaks every now and then....my eyes felt fine and vision was no probs. Will use them again today.

10. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I have a set of similar cheap glasses. Mostly I use the standard sun glasses. But last night instead of the clear lenses I rode with the grey tints, they did well at reducing headlight glare and still allowing me to see in the dark.

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

No, yellow ones only give people who are criminally insane a headache in 15 minutes.

12. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

my mate bought some sun glasses off a tv shoppping channel once. they had the same stuff covering the lens that eagles have covering their eyes to protect them from sunlight. can't remember what it's called but i do remember them being advertised at the time.

had a look through them (they were yellow) and have to say THE WERE FECKING GREAT! It took the glare off everything and i could see everything 100 times more clearly (that's a guess by the way), like in high definition or something. colours and shapes were really defined. i could count the leaves on the trees.

must ask her what make they were.