Lent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pancakes tonight.... Then the hard bit.

In our family we go without one thing and start to do another.

Anyone doing anything cycling-related for Lent, or is it all a bit archaic now?

This year the thing I'm giving up is Cyclechat.

I think the thing I start doing might be connected with domestic cleaning... whatever that is.

400bhp

Guru
Pancakes tonight.... Then the hard bit.

In our family we go without one thing and start to do another.

Anyone doing anything cycling-related for Lent, or is it all a bit archaic now?

This year the thing I'm giving up is Cyclechat.

I think the thing I start doing might be connected with domestic cleaning... whatever that is.

Posted for remembrance. See you in several weeks. :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Giving up alcohol. Never tried that before (other than the mid week abstinence). If I was going to start something useful ... it would be to be more organised ... can't see that happening somehow!!!:whistle:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I shall, as every year, give up the booze during Lent. Except on Sundays, which are not part of Lent, when I shall only imbibe with a meal and then in severe moderation, or when to refuse to do so would be what St Francis of Assisi called 'a sin against hospitality'.

My intent in Lent is to commute to work by bicycle, come rain or shine, every day when I'm in the office and to try to ride a bike, even if only for 20 minutes, every day when I'm not. I'll start by cycling to Mass on Wednesday evening.

screenman

Legendary Member
Beetroot again, have done the same one for as long as I can remember and have always succeeded. All you need is willpower, self discipline and a hatred of the thing you are giving up, which in my case yep! you got it.

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

I'm giving up giving things up.

Which sounds fine in theory, but if you follow it through, you'll have to go back on it as soon as you declare it. It is simply not sustainable.

This state of flux will cause a rift at the core of your immortal soul and fry your brain in the searing oil of the time-space continuum.

I'm just saying...

tyred

Legendary Member
Which sounds fine in theory, but if you follow it through, you'll have to go back on it as soon as you declare it. It is simply not sustainable.

This state of flux will cause a rift at the core of your immortal soul and fry your brain in the searing oil of the time-space continuum.

I'm just saying...

I'm just wondering what my boss would say if i told him I was giving up work for Lent.

Or would he even notice:whistle:

Top Bottom