Les Vince Cyclemaker of Bath info.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stamford

I,ve a couple of old steel bikes from Les Vince "The Invincible" Cyclemaker of Bath.Ive looking for any info regarding the frame builder as I,m not finding much online.If anyone has any links or could direct me in the right direction,I would be grateful..
Thansk

I,ve a couple of old steel bikes from Les Vince "The Invincible" Cyclemaker of Bath.Ive looking for any info regarding the frame builder as I,m not finding much online.If anyone has any links or could direct me in the right direction,I would be grateful..
Thansk
Sorry, that's news to me. Do you have any pictures of them? It sounds old by the wording.

OP
OP
Stamford

Stamford

Thanks for your help..Here's a few photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 114
Very interesting and smart looking.
Bath is about 12 miles away. I'll try and do a bit of research, I was wondering if John's Bikes or was it Cycles might be able to shed some light as they were about in the 70's in Bath.
If you are wondering about it's age? There may be a date stamp mark on the back of the brake calipers. You may have to give them a bit of a clean to do so.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Stamford that is a smart looking bike

classic33

Leg End Member
Thansk
Which country, England or the US?

OP
OP
Stamford

Stamford

The second one is pictured ,Theyre very similar.The headsets are different colours,the stems are slightly different and the gearing is different on each bike.I would say they were maybe made for couple as one frame is about 2cm smaller than the other.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 87

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The second one is pictured ,Theyre very similar.The headsets are different colours,the stems are slightly different and the gearing is different on each bike.I would say they were maybe made for couple as one frame is about 2cm smaller than the other.
They are a nice pr for sure , so what are you going to do with them ?

Top Bottom