Les Vince Cyclemaker of Bath info.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Lovely bikes & original paint.

It is a shame that it has gone so quickly as I didn't get time to get much information from it . It had a strange make of leather saddle that I had never heard of before . Siteze or something along those lines. With any luck the new buyer might join this forum to try to find out any information about them .

Oh! Just remembered! The alloy handlebar stem was also interesting in that it had a star cast into it ! :wacko:
The Weinmann alloy side pull brake calipers seem to have been original equipment as they were manufactured around that period .
It had a Sturmey Archer ? Rear hub, number of years unknown . The model differed from the previous 2 in having fluted ends to the seat stays .
The 2 bikes pictured must date from post 1950 according to the type of brake calipers fitted GB Coureur as that was the earliest date they were introduced .

I am writing this down for future reference whilst I remember it . I think the total price on the receipt in July 1948 was around £14 IIRC. How this compares to hand made cycles of that period I don't know !

Top Bottom