Let off for "illegally used a cycle lane"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No he wasn't.

dondare

Über Member
I have never seen a moped in a cycle lane and I wouldn't care if I did. But they are always sitting in the advance stop boxes filling the air with stinky exhaust fumes and I've never seen the police do anything about that.

Hip Priest

Veteran
He accepted the charge of riding a scooter in a cycle lane but successfully contested the charge of driving without insurance. Mind, the fact that he had clocked up so many points suggests he isn't the most considerate driver / motorcyclist.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I have no problem with this. He admited to what he did wrong and paid the fine. He wasn't driving without insurance so was right to appeal. I fail to see the problem.

I have no problem with this. He admited to what he did wrong and paid the fine. He wasn't driving without insurance so was right to appeal. I fail to see the problem.

+1

Reading very much between the lines (hence I'm probably wrong) I suspect he didn't disclose getting some points to his insurers, and the police either assumed or were told by someone at the insurers that it would therefore invalidate it - which turned out to not actually be the case. As initially he was convicted I suspect that his challenge was probably to the insurance company, challenging them that they HAD to insure him as their 'small print' didn't contain enough to legally say 'you didn't tell us so aren't insured'.

Even if my guess (and thats all it is) is utterly wrong, either way I'm with Cyclopathic. He paid the fine for the cycle lane, and challenged the insurance charge as he WAS insured, in which case it's quite right he gets no penalty and his impound costs return.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Anyone middle aged man who has his the indignity of having to ride a scooter (Scooters are for Mods or pretty girls) should be given free passage to get to their destination, so as not top be laughed at by the masses, famous or not.

Top Bottom