Let them eat cake - Cheshire 60m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Yes the guy was in either a grey saloon car or it could have been an estate (more likely I think). He was just ahead of the front group and stopped a few times to photograph us and then remained taking further pictures. I can think of at least 4 instances when he popped up.

RhythMick

Über Member
Looking at my photos I seem to ride with locked arms, whereas most others don't. I think my setup still isn't right and I'm over reaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Looking at my photos I seem to ride with locked arms, whereas most others don't. I think my setup still isn't right and I'm over reaching.

Do you get a sore neck and soulders too?

I used to d exactly the same thing. Getting uncomfortable after 20 miles, painful after 40, calling 118-118 for a taxi after 50!

I had a fitting with Adrian Timis of Cadence Sport a few weeks ago. After the Cake ride I had no sholder or neck pain, no pins and needles in hand s or feet, and a little saddle soreness, but that was down to changing saddles and getting used to the new (correct) position he put me in. I had the £150 fit and recommend it if you want to do distance in comfort.

It takes a week or 2 to get used to the new position, so dont expect your bike to be as comfy as an armchair straight away, but it wont take long to see an inprovement. Also, my average has gone up a bit too. Just done a flatish 30 miler. I would have averaged about 17mph before, and that would have been my top whack, just done it with 18.5... and that was purposly trying not to go over 160BPM for most of the ride.

Also, the photos look good quality too... Just gotta loose them saddlebags!

_CSP7678.JPG

RhythMick

Über Member
Do you get a sore neck and soulders too?

I used to d exactly the same thing. Getting uncomfortable after 20 miles, painful after 40, calling 118-118 for a taxi after 50!

I had a fitting with Adrian Timis of Cadence Sport a few weeks ago. After the Cake ride I had no sholder or neck pain, no pins and needles in hand s or feet, and a little saddle soreness, but that was down to changing saddles and getting used to the new (correct) position he put me in. I had the £150 fit and recommend it if you want to do distance in comfort.

It takes a week or 2 to get used to the new position, so dont expect your bike to be as comfy as an armchair straight away, but it wont take long to see an inprovement. Also, my average has gone up a bit too. Just done a flatish 30 miler. I would have averaged about 17mph before, and that would have been my top whack, just done it with 18.5... and that was purposly trying not to go over 160BPM for most of the ride.

Also, the photos look good quality too... Just gotta loose them saddlebags!

_CSP7678.JPG
Nice result. I thought about getting a fit. That's a lot of money.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I thought about getting a fit. That's a lot of money.
It is alot, (that price also includes the footbeds that are usually £60) and if you look at it as paying for someone to move your saddle then it is very pricey!

However, the knowledge you pick up should allow you to set up your future bikes to a very similar level of comfort, so if you spread that cost over the ammount of years you will be riding id dont seem so steep.

Im lucky that (at the moment!) i have the cash, you may be able to get similar results from doing your own research and experimnrting.

RhythMick

Über Member
It is alot, (that price also includes the footbeds that are usually £60) and if you look at it as paying for someone to move your saddle then it is very pricey!

However, the knowledge you pick up should allow you to set up your future bikes to a very similar level of comfort, so if you spread that cost over the ammount of years you will be riding id dont seem so steep.

Im lucky that (at the moment!) i have the cash, you may be able to get similar results from doing your own research and experimnrting.

Planet X just down the road hosts sessions with the Rutul system, think that's £150. I'd considered it after I got really bad numbness after a 60 miler. A friend helped me review my setup (this is my first real bike) and my bars were way too low, consequently my saddle was nose down and all the weight on my hands. Turned my stem over, lowered my saddle and nosed it up, lots better. So I'm in the process of making my own adjustments. The photos from LTEC just made me think that I ride with my arms locked out and others dont seem to do that.

I've hijacked this thread, sorry. Made a few more adjustments yesterday and will see how that works out, but I'll consider the fit.

John F

Belated thanks for an excellent event. We all enjoyed it very much, including the dog....

Top Bottom