Let them eat cake - Cheshire 60m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CMJ

CMJ

I'll be riding a black Planet X Kaffenback. If the weather is good I'll be in bright orange top, otherwise fluorescent yellow waterproof top. Name is Mick - say Hi if you see me, I'm very friendly now that the restraining orders have elapsed. Be good to have someone to meander round with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No idea what one of those looks like but guessing it says Planet X on it somewhere...
Mine will be the smallest bike there no doubt, a black/blue/white Trek Lexa SLX. I'll probably change 10 times before setting off so who knows what I'll be wearing but it's usually black or blue (to match the bike of course). Weather good?? I think you must be on Planet X. Name's Carole. See you and everyone else there!

RhythMick

Über Member
No idea what one of those looks like but guessing it says Planet X on it somewhere...
Mine will be the smallest bike there no doubt, a black/blue/white Trek Lexa SLX. I'll probably change 10 times before setting off so who knows what I'll be wearing but it's usually black or blue (to match the bike of course). Weather good?? I think you must be on Planet X. Name's Carole. See you and everyone else there!

Usually in orbit around a different planet to everyone else ... :-)

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just entered this one too. I've even convinced my wife to come along and ride her first ever sportive.
She's bricking it as it will be the longest ride she's done in 2 years..... We will probably be bringing up the rear, but I think she'll be happy just to get round in one piece....
I may even be wearing a Cyclechat jersey if anyone wants to point and laugh :smile:

Polocini events have so-far proven to be absolutley first rate - just hope there's enough cake left for us at the back.

OP
OP
CMJ

CMJ

Just entered this one too. I've even convinced my wife to come along and ride her first ever sportive.
She's bricking it as it will be the longest ride she's done in 2 years..... We will probably be bringing up the rear, but I think she'll be happy just to get round in one piece....
I may even be wearing a Cyclechat jersey if anyone wants to point and laugh :smile:

Polocini events have so-far proven to be absolutley first rate - just hope there's enough cake left for us at the back.

Well this is only my second and the first was only 47 miles so tell your wife not to worry! Plus Cheshire is completely hill-free, honest. What are you guys riding so we can look out for you?
People seem to be coming from all over the place - lucky for me I only live up the road (-:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The route is pan flat and the roads are almost pot hole free (makes a change!).
AL

Right - She's read this now...... you'd better hope your definition of pan flat matches hers or there will be trouble..... (she's easily placated by cake, so you may just survive ) :ninja:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
The route is pan flat and the roads are almost pot hole free (makes a change!). Details here: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/84503573 I need to re map it slightly around the one and only main road it crosses. I'm out on weds, sat and monday doing the final runs.

AL
When will the final gpx be ready for uploading? I take it the conventional method of signs will be in place also. Looking forward to it, lets hope for a beautiful day. Cheers

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
are there still spaces on this?

I have clicked on the link to enter, but it takes me to an "Sorry, our website is currently unavailable. HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable" Page

172traindriver

Legendary Member
are there still spaces on this?

I have clicked on the link to enter, but it takes me to an "Sorry, our website is currently unavailable. HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable" Page

Hi Paul did my entry last saturday via BC website and it appears one or two others entered on here after me. It will be a good change from the other activities of the day.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
....and Im in!

Hoping to use this as a training ride for the 112 mile fens... Im really hoping its flat, Wales 2 weekends ago, tour of the peaks last weekend. Flat will be nice!

RhythMick

Über Member

I think there'll be competition for the back. Can't just waltz up with yer "not ridden for 2 years" and expect to get the back slot. Takes training.

Top Bottom