Let them eat cake - Cheshire 60m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Being lazy and at work I cant research this at the moment, but will this be like a kilo to go ride with number plates sent out, or sign in on the day... and what do I need to bring with me to prove I have paid?

RhythMick

Über Member
Being lazy and at work I cant research this at the moment, but will this be like a kilo to go ride with number plates sent out, or sign in on the day... and what do I need to bring with me to prove I have paid?
Yeah I entered but no joining instructions yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Polocini

Veteran
Entries are closing this morning and then you will get a standard email to confirm entries are closed. A detailed briefing email will be going out late on tomorrow with all the info you will need.

I rode the route yesterday and it's looking great. There are some pot holes early on in the ride but I'm hoping riders will have forgotten about them by the time they get back :-)

Polocini

Veteran
There will be a gpx file and an optional map to downlaod, but I'll be pretty bold and say that the signage will be spot on. You'll not need either. I cocked up the signage at my first ever event and I've had a terrible paranoia ever since. I put the signs out at 2am and finish at 7am just as we meet at the hq. I then go out on a motorbike ahead of the sportive riders and check every sign.

AL

RhythMick

Über Member
There will be a gpx file and an optional map to downlaod, but I'll be pretty bold and say that the signage will be spot on. You'll not need either. I cocked up the signage at my first ever event and I've had a terrible paranoia ever since. I put the signs out at 2am and finish at 7am just as we meet at the hq. I then go out on a motorbike ahead of the sportive riders and check every sign.

AL

Paranoia is good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I cocked up the signage at my first ever event and I've had a terrible paranoia ever since.
AL

I think that's a tad overstated. There were a couple of signs missed, and some of us went a couple of miles in the wrong direction. Trust me that doesn't count as cocking up the signs. When I "cocked up" some signs on my first ever sportive ride, I missed the turn-off for the middle route and ended up doing an extra 60 miles through deepest darkest north Yorkshire.... it nearly killed me. :smile:

I'll be there as well tomorrow, thanks to the super helpful and responsive Al (polocini), got back from a short break and found I'd missed the entry cutoff :sad: but a few tweets and emails and Al sorted it all out.

This will be my longest ride so far, so will be thankful for the flat roads.

Matt

OP
OP
CMJ

CMJ

Well you've got competition for the back...
Forecast has improved for tomorrow but still due to rain in the afternoon - typical as it has been lovely in Nantwich today )-;
Waterproof or showerproof jacket - can't decide!

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Waterproof or showerproof jacket - can't decide!

Take both, decide in the car park before setting off... and it will still be the wrong choice.

Or do the opposite I do. 4 out of 5 events I have worn the wrong gear. The only one I got right was the tour of the peaks and that was a definate "Scorchio"

RhythMick

Über Member
Don't suppose there will be a bike parts dealer or shop handy will there? I'd like to buy some brake pads, preferably Swiss Stop Greens.

OP
OP
CMJ

CMJ

Don't suppose there will be a bike parts dealer or shop handy will there? I'd like to buy some brake pads, preferably Swiss Stop Greens.

From the route it looks like we are going right past my local repair shop about 20 mins from the start, but as it's a bank hol I don't know if he's open. Can't say he'd have your required pads either as I just usually leave him to it. I do have his mobile though if required. Steve's cycle repairs en route to Wettenhall. Or else will Eureka cafe have supplies? No way the bike shop in Nantwich will be open.

Top Bottom