Lets Get this Viral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's just occurred to me that I was in the company of the alleged driver earlier this year.

I wish I'd had the foresight to put his car keys up his arse.

potsy

Rambler
Well whoever the driver is, the victim shouldn't be embarrassed. Let's hope for a successful id and resolution.
Having a quick nosey around the web it seems there is lots of speculation on who the driver was, one football forum thread had the usual Daily Mail attitude to cyclists though :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Camo Bentley was Mario Baliotelli now gone thank god.
I have been told who the cyclist is and I do know him. Hope the GMP catch up with the driver.

It's funny how Mario thought nobody would know it was him doing warp speed on the M56. It was a friend of mine and she posted on Facebook.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Lot of stuff on the internet about this.One thing that strikes me is the driver is pretty thick.

The internet is also a very powerful tool which is ironic because the driver is a tool also.

Lanzecki

Über Member

michaelcycle

cops aren't doing anything, apparently.

I think they will. Given he failed to provide his insurance details or seemingly report the accident to the Police which involved bodily injury to another road user then he has committed an offence (which could lead to a fine or points.)

The bigger question is where is actions deliberate and did he intend to cause the cyclist harm. I doubt much will come of that though.

grimpeur

Veteran

BSRU

A Human Being
Use a camera now on every ride. Brings some peace of mind.

Can recommend one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ContourROAM2-Handsfree-HD-Action-Camera/dp/B009CN8VRK/ref=sr_1_1/276-0142794-0843143?ie=UTF8&qid=1379076230&sr=8-1&keywords=contour roam- does fullHD, lasts for hours and is waterproof.

Attach it to the head tube using one of these:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contour-2755-Multi-Purpose-Flex-Strap/dp/B005AT3EEU/ref=pd_bxgy_ph_img_z

That stretch of road seems to yield more than its fair share of idiot drivers.Can speak from experience on that score.
Contour have gone out of business so no support for any problems.

Top Bottom