Let's talk fishing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Two of the newest bits of kit in my collection:

JJ_uscNOjCqHw1EMddyP3U=w2200-h1238-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

1-10g with 9lb on the baitcaster and 6lb on a spare spool. Not had a chance to get this setup out on the water yet as the reel just arrived a day ago. Surprisingly strong backbone in this one. Would probably land some sizable jacks and bigger pike if the correct amount of patience and prayers were applied.

10-45g on the one above with 28lb braid. Top half has enough flex to make flicking out lighter lures out with ease and enough backbone to work hard lures, crank/glide baits - been out on the water with this one. Sadly, I wasnt able to hook into a fish that day. water was pea soup green and despite the forecast saying cloudy and overcast for the entire day. 90% of the time the sun was out.

gbb

Legendary Member
I will see if I can get some photos....
I loved fishing as a teenager but left it behind, the desire never returned. That said, as I ride the countryside, I see spots that look perfect, one such, I told my son about maybe 5 years ago. I'd seen barbel milling around in this beautiful quiet spot nearby. He loves fishing but often comes home after blanking on the Nene at his usual haunts.
Eventually, he tried this spot I'd seen, it's not even that far away.....he's catching beautiful barbel and small chub....we don't see him till after dusk, he's loving it.

Top Bottom