Lets try this .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Just found this .Cables crossing over each other .Any Spesh Secteur Elite riders .Would you check yours for meI am awaiting an answer .

zacklaws

Guru
It might be a common thing, my Trek Madone has that set up.

kyuss

Veteran
When putting my last two bikes together I did that. Gives a neater cable routing at the front of the bike if you put the cable from the right shifter round the left of the headtube and vice versa. They then have to cross under the downtube so the BB cable guide routes them properly. Doesn't effect performance in any way.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My Elite doesn't have crossover cables. Just checked.

Edit: But I do remember my old Spesh Globe had crossover cables.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it is quite common
no need to change if your bike has them

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thank you all .Have sent a photo and a request to speak with them .

To find out why it's done like that .

Never seen it .And to be quite honest i don't like the idea of the cables touching each other .But i will let you all know the reason for it .Tuesday night .
Shop closed monday .

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Just done some research .And it seems most Spesh bikes have this set up .

Other cyclists have noticed this cable routing .Even taking the bike back to the shop .

No detremental effect on performance .

My (2009) Allez came crossed-over. Inners touching, not too much of a problem, but the inner-inner (the one nearest the down-tube at the cross-over point) contacted the down-tube itself. At the very least this would have worn the paintwork so I switched them back to straight routing which then gave plenty of clearance.

Top Bottom