Letter from TFL about ORN and Games Lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
from Cam Rd E15 to the stratford gyratory I rode in the outside lane singing " f**k you Seb Coe " as the other lanes were chock full. only vehicle i saw in the games lane was a clean event cleaning services people carrier with 1 guy in . obviously an emergency clean of a mcdoonalds ketchup spillage that require them to be able to use games lanes.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I don't see what the police can do about this tbh unless they plan on fining every moped rider in London.
Same thing they do with bus lanes, no-right-turn junctions, etc: pay someone minimum wage to sit and watch the videos, pressing a screengrab button when they spot an offence. Cost per detected offence, about 7p; income from same, £130. Ching-ching!

Buddfox

Veteran
Millbank seems alright because they have only removed the bike symbols and the blue paint is in the middle of the road anyway because of the normal parking spaces so cyclists tended to still follow the blue paint. The sheer volume of cyclists seemed to force traffic to stay back behind.

When it's busy, I worry this is going to get a bit dangerous. Most cyclists will stick to the blue (I did the same) and won't realise that by doing that they're actually cycling on the right hand side of the only lane available to traffic, and with sufficient space on the left hand side (enough room for cars to park) that may end up encouraging dangerous undertaking by cars. It wouldn't surprise me (I hope I'm wrong) if there's an accident along there in the next two weeks...

Top Bottom