Letterbox windscreen scraping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
And their close cousins 'can't wait for the demisters to clear the whole screen'!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
How are you gonna do that? You can't flag them down because they can't see...
Indeed. In a previous job (as a military policeman) I was walking along a road early one morning, fully hi-viz’ed up, and I saw a car emerge from a car park with a tiny letter box cleared from the layer of thick frost on the windscreen. As he was just setting off (and because he couldn’t see sh*t) he was travelling fairly slowly, maybe 10-15mph. I stepped into the gutter to perform my best, formal “STOP” signal. The driver carried on past, so I thumped the side window with my palm as he drove by, to attract his attention. He finally stopped, getting out of his car in an extremely angry state, and proceeding to subject me to verbal abuse for daring to touch his car. A line familiar to many cyclists I know!
I wouldn’t advise trying to stop these idiots on foot or cycle, as a cyclist just stay well clear if you can, and hope that if they hit something it’s something inanimate like a tree. Or another tank commander.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
How are you gonna do that? You can't flag them down because they can't see...

Wishful thinking I'm afraid, although I did stop one once, she came up behind me as I was waiting at a junction taking my daughter to pre-school on the bike. Tell-tale sound of wipers swishing on ice. I shouted stop and she bashed into the kerb !

Drago

Legendary Member
Just throw yourself across their bonnet, and wait for the compo to roll in.

sanddancer

I noticed it driving home from work this morning at 07:10.
(Ten minutes to scrape and demist )
There was the odd cyclist about and a beautiful twilight sky. I thought about the enjoyable ride I had missed in the brisk frost along the river and reprimanded myself on ones laziness.
the drive took slightly longer as I drove at a slower pace even though my 4x4 has near new top of the range goodyears on all 4 corners (ice is ice)
I ignored the tools who drove so close behind as to almost share my boot space.
Slowing for a cyclist until a gap so I could give plenty of room to overtake.
And I noticed the other idiots. The lad with his face pressed against the windscreen trying to get a view, and various other bellends with low degrees of screen views and complimenting iq's .
And then, turning right at an awkward double junction, a cyclist waiting at the first. I waited and let him go, he nodded,
I figured I only had two long streets left with road humps and traffic calmers so I can keep a safe pace behind him.
But the woman with the glasses and bathroomesque windscreen caught him up and overtook only to cut in front of him at the traffic calmer :sad:
At least he could see to have more chance of avoiding fools.
My 15 minute drive home only took an extra few minutes but I made it :smile:
in about the time it would of taken to cycle, albeit not getting run down by some chancer.

Last edited:

DrLex

merely the moocher
It's started .... saw loads on commute home this morning . Jump in start car scrape minimising , and they're off ! Nobbers

Elderly motorist warned over snow-covered windscreen

_47103523_snow_windscreen.jpg

Warned? WARNED???? FFS!

Attachments

• _47103523_snow_windscreen.jpg
    _47103523_snow_windscreen.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Top Bottom