Lidel bike stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
RRSODL said:
I just got the tool kit and a bottle..... looked at the wireless computer but not so sure about it :biggrin:

You were right to be not so sure. I decided against it too then on a whim popped back in today and risked it .... just fitted it .. nothing .. ah well back it goes:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS If you pop up outside Manchester Uni's Refectory on Friday between 10-2 they are giving away locks, lights etc - we had a heads up at work this week from the Bicycle Users Group.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
PS If you pop up outside Manchester Uni's Refectory on Friday between 10-2 they are giving away locks, lights etc - we had a heads up at work this week from the Bicycle Users Group.

I went along to this myself today - they were marking bikes (postcode and house number), taking details for the Immobilise database, and distributing the locks and lights. Despite the rain the turnout was really good - we (my manager, who also commutes by bike, and I) got there around 10:30-10:45, and the officer I spoke to reckoned they'd already processed some 150 bikes ;)

His attitude was very positive towards the whole thing, saying that the money the unit had spent on the locks and lights was well worth it. He told me he knew of at least one case where they'd already used information from the last time they did the bike marking to reunite one owner with a bike that had been stolen in a burglary. I didn't get the free lights (I'm happy with the ones on my bike) but did get a lock, a bikehut armoured cable lock (made by Abus), sold secure bronze, which will supplement a Magnum shackle lock.

Hopefully some of the students will actually use their free lights ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bugger...... couldn't get there despite being at Man Met's All Saint's Campus - but in meetings - I was at the user group the day before and was told this was the last 'freebee' for a bit as they had spent a fair bit last time - i.e. budget used up - and getting there without the bike wasn't a problem.

Past at 8.50am, nothing, didn't get out of meetings until 3.00 pm..missed the lot, even being a few hundred yards away....

I'm glad the heads-up got someone something though !!!!!!

Top Bottom