Lidl Ant+ candence and speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Yep, the dengie one on the same day is nearly full,

Yep Dengie one right on my doorstep can cycle to & from the start of that one , can't decide on the Dengie one or the tour of Tendring event , sure entries close for Dengie on Saturday

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Update - I bought the bike inside and put it on the turbo to test out strava and there is some good news but mainly bad. On the free version all you get is avg speed and avg cadence. So not ideal if you are trying to keep your legs spinning at a constant rpm.

I have been doing some searches and the version I have is identical to the wahoo version in fact I would say it is a rebranded version. So I have installed the wahoo app and straight away it connected no issues speed and cadence shows up along side avg. So it terms of static turbo training this is spot on. In terms of out on the road well I have yet to see.

The best part about the wahoo app is that it will link direct to Strava and I can add a hr monitor at the same time.

I believe wahoo has a gps feature such as Strava so I may just use this next time I am out and see what happens worse case I just manually add the trip to Strava.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
I've asked about and no one has the answer, everyone who I know with strava premium has a garmin they use it on, so Steve looks like your the test pilot, by the way are you doing the very flat tour de tendering this weekend

What day is the tendering ride? If it's Sunday and there are spaces left I may be up for that. Busy on Saturday though.

CyclistsUnited

curious, has anyone connected this to

Garmin Vivoactive HR?

I decided to purchase ones of these today £19.99 so thought it was worth a punt bearing in mind the one I nearly purchased the other month was £30.

View attachment 126952
Not a bad looking package and to be honest it looks the same as many of the other brands out there.

Taking everything out of the box you get you normal bag of bits including zip ties rubber band small foam pad magnet for spoke and pedal and a battery. Also Inc is a tiny Christmas cracker screwdriver. View attachment 126953
Fitting is pretty easy just needing to make sure the speed sensor is lined up with the magnet and the same for the crank which is easier as it has a larger surface area.
View attachment 126955
There is an app you can download which is pretty basic made by brivit I think. I tried it just to make sure the sensors work and they did.

Now was the real test to see if strava was happy to read the sensor. Opened up strava went to record a ride and clicked the little triangle image on the right. Did a scan and picked it up straight away.

During the ride as the phone was in the saddle bag I had no idea if it was recordng but on the first pit stop I checked and I had an avg 60rpm so it was working fine.

All in all for £20 it does what I wanted I have a bodged phone bracket I am working on using bits and brackets from a go pro kit a phone case and a tripod gopro mount will get a picture once it's all fitted.
I decided to purchase ones of these today £19.99 so thought it was worth a punt bearing in mind the one I nearly purchased the other month was £30.

View attachment 126952
Not a bad looking package and to be honest it looks the same as many of the other brands out there.

Taking everything out of the box you get you normal bag of bits including zip ties rubber band small foam pad magnet for spoke and pedal and a battery. Also Inc is a tiny Christmas cracker screwdriver. View attachment 126953
Fitting is pretty easy just needing to make sure the speed sensor is lined up with the magnet and the same for the crank which is easier as it has a larger surface area.
View attachment 126955
There is an app you can download which is pretty basic made by brivit I think. I tried it just to make sure the sensors work and they did.

Now was the real test to see if strava was happy to read the sensor. Opened up strava went to record a ride and clicked the little triangle image on the right. Did a scan and picked it up straight away.

During the ride as the phone was in the saddle bag I had no idea if it was recordng but on the first pit stop I checked and I had an avg 60rpm so it was working fine.

All in all for £20 it does what I wanted I have a bodged phone bracket I am working on using bits and brackets from a go pro kit a phone case and a tripod gopro mount will get a picture once it's all fitted.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
curious, has anyone connected this to

Garmin Vivoactive HR?
It's is only a standard bluetooth option not Ant+ compatable so not sure if it would connect to your garmin as most garmins connect via ant+.

If you device will allow it it could be worth a try but I tried to pair it with a garmin edge 25 and it wouldn't pick it up.

CyclistsUnited

It's is only a standard bluetooth option not Ant+ compatable so not sure if it would connect to your garmin as most garmins connect via ant+.

If you device will allow it it could be worth a try but I tried to pair it with a garmin edge 25 and it wouldn't pick it up.

many thanks Steve

got it and shall try, if I could connect via wahoo then strava, it is certainly worth the punt as it cost £11.99 ... I shall take it out for a spin this weekend & report back when I can.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
many thanks Steve

got it and shall try, if I could connect via wahoo then strava, it is certainly worth the punt as it cost £11.99 ... I shall take it out for a spin this weekend & report back when I can.
WAHOO app is the best to see exactly what you are doing whilst out on the bike as Strava will only average it out.

Once you have completed the ride you can always upload your wahoo data straight to strava anyway.

huggy

I picked up one of these at the weekend 30% off or something so it was £8.40 but i cant fit it my chain stays curve in towards the wheel so there is not enough space for the sensor arm, the spokes brush it before I even fit the magnet to one. Anybody want it?

CyclistsUnited

I picked up one of these at the weekend 30% off or something so it was £8.40 but i cant fit it my chain stays curve in towards the wheel so there is not enough space for the sensor arm, the spokes brush it before I even fit the magnet to one. Anybody want it?

Yes pls

Opened the box, got conned by Lidl, someone opened the thing and took out all the accessories!!

oldminiman

I have been using the Crivit Pro cadence and speed Bluetooth thingy for the past three or four months on my Turbo trainer. For the money it is a good piece of kit but I have noticed that the speed can vary while maintaining the same pedalling. It can vary by as much as 10 kph at regular intervals throughout the training session. E.g. I can be recording 35 kph and it will drop back to 24 kph and then return to 35 kph. Over an hour this makes a difference to both distance covered and average speed. As the intervals are not long , per haps as often as every 10 to 15 seconds. It does occur very occasionally on the cadence which can fall from 75 rpm down to 40 rpm and the return to 75. I have adjusted the position of the magnet and the arm but without success. Ok it is just training and on the road I use a normal speed and distance recorder from Decathlon with great results. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience with the Crivit Pro from Lidls, cheap, yes but annoying if you work hard and then get inaccurate record at the end of the session. I would add that The problem was worsened if I had Bluetooth switched on on a nearby iPad which I was using for music. Recordings went silly, up and down all over the place. So turn one off to avoid interference.

Last edited:

fixedfixer

Veteran
I also bought on of these in late 2016. I quite liked it, found the build quality up to what I'd paid for it and no more. I found that the Bluetooth to an iPhone could stop during a long ride and so your data would end part way through a ride.
Also worth mentioning is how you park your bike up - leave the left crank arm near the sensor and the Bluetooth is still active trying to connect to your phone. Result = flat CR2032
Have since got a cateye computer with cadence instead. Happy to pass the Crivit onto anyone who wants to try it.

Top Bottom